16th March 2016, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for Custom Officer post with T.Y.B.Com?

My self Pavan Yadav. I am 23 years of age and i have completed my B.com. I have got 51% in T.Y.B.com. I am working in banking sector as sales officer. I am doing Export & Import course. I am looking for custom officer jobs. Can i apply for the job post?

16th March 2016, 12:46 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i apply for Custom Officer post with T.Y.B.Com?

Yes, you can apply for Customer Officer post with T.Y.B.Com.

Eligibility :
  • Candidate must have passed any graduation degree from any recognised university.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
16th March 2016, 01:46 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot sit for the examination to become a Custom Officer as the minimum percentage requirement in order to be eligible for he post of Custom Officer is 55% in graduation of the candidate from a recognized University. Therefore, i am sorry to say that as you haven't scored 55% at your graduation level, I am sorry to say7 that you are not eligible for it.
16th March 2016, 01:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for Custom Officer post, you should have scored a minimum of 55% in your graduation and your age should be in between 19-25. You however are not eligible for the examination on your graduation marks, as you have been unable to score 55% marks in aggregate.
16th March 2016, 05:08 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Custom Department after doing B.Com. degree through civil services exam conducted by UPSC .

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .And, Custom Department comes under Indian Revenue Services (IRS) .

The eligibility criteria to join Custom Department are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.
16th March 2016, 07:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To become Custom Officer, you are required to apply for Union Public Service Commission. The minimum qualification for UPSC recruitment is "Bachelor Degree". Make sure you score more than 60% marks in third year of B.Com. The minimum age required for this post is 20 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Custom Officer posts being a third year B.Com candidate. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for applying for the post of Custom Officer is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to apply for this Custom Officer post. But make sure you submit the proofs of required documents during Interview or in final process of selection.
16th March 2016, 09:11 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

For custom officer jobs candidates need to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for the examination is thet, the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

But, for custom officer job, you need a minimum of 55% in bachelor degree, so you are not eligible for the custom officer job recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th March 2016, 10:48 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My self Pavan Yadav. I am 23 years of age and i have completed my B.com. I have got 51% in T.Y.B.com. I am working in banking sector as sales officer. I am doing Export & Import course. I am looking for custom officer jobs. Can i apply for the job post?
Yes, you can apply for Customs Officer post with B.Com qualification. The Customs Officer recruitments are done through UPSC. The aspirant has to appear for Civil Services Examination, the civil services examination consist of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Interview. The eligibility to appear for the preliminary examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from the recognised university. You have to choose Indian Revenue Services Customs and Central Excise (IRS C&CE) Group A category Officer in the application form to become a Customs Officer. The UPSC website link is
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
6th March 2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi!! This is Mrs. Kinjal Bhanushali, I am 30 years old, i have completed my Post Graduate (TYB.Com) I have done Diploma Course of Export Import from Welinglar Institute & Computer Software.. And currently i am working in Pharma Industry since for last 10 years.. But now i am willing to proceed for Custom Officer Post in Customs.. So please guide me properly.. how can i proceed & from where i can get the exact details of the same... As no proper guidelines i am unable to trace... So request you to kindly guide me.. so that i can proceed for the same...
23rd November 2020, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

But I got 51% in bcom final year so what can I do new
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?