1st September 2015, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Can i join as Custom Officer after 12th?

Can i join as Custom Officer after 12th?

2nd September 2015, 10:47 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Can i join as Custom Officer after 12th?

As per my knowledge, No you are not eligible to join as Custom Officer after 12th.

So my suggestion to you is that you must first completed at least graduation degree in order to become Customs Officer.

The Customs Officer examination conducted by staff Selection commission for Custom officer and you have to be appeared in Combined Graduate Level examination.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. The applicant should have at least graduation degree in order to become Customs Officer.

2. The applicants age in between 21-30 years.
2nd September 2015, 11:01 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join as Custom Officer after 12th?

No, you can't join as Custom officer after 12th.
Candidate must have to complete his/her graduation to apply for job in Custom department.
You can apply for Civil Service Exam that is held by UPSC every year.

Eligibility :
Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years.
Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognised university.
2nd September 2015, 07:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can apply for custom officer exam only after completing Graduation degree.

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services(Customs and Central Excise).

The candidate who wishes to become custom officer has to appear in the civil services exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for Custom Officer are following:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree from a recognized university.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The civil services exam comprises of

* Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Civil Services Main Exam

*Personality Test.

Syllabus for the exam consists of

General Knowledge

Current Affairs

English Language

Test of Reasoning Ability

Test of Numerical Ability

For more details,you can visit the website of UPSC :- www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2015, 12:07 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No , it is not possible to get recruited as Officer in Customs department after completing 12th.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Bachelor's degree is the basic qualification for the customs officer post.

*The candidate should get at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination.

*The candidates age should be between 18-25 years.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

* Written examination.

* Interview.
4th September 2015, 09:34 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join as a Custom officer after completion of 12th Class. The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Custom Officer posts is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. Candidates whoever successfully complete their Graduate Degree are eligible to join as a Custom Officer. I am once again sorry to say that, you are not eligible to become Custom Officer. To become Custom officer, you are required to give "Combined Graduate Level" also known as CGL Exam which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission. (Or) You are required to appear in CSAT Examination conducted by UPSC to become Custom Officer. I suggest you to pursue Graduate Degree after successful completion of 12th in order to be eligible for becoming Custom Officer. The basic educational qualification required to appear either in CSAT Examination or CGL Examination is given as follows.

Minimum Qualification Required:

> Graduate Degree or Bachelor Degree pass from a recognized university

Age Criteria:

> 21 to 30 years
6th September 2015, 10:56 AM
Hemskb

Requirement:-
Aspirants who have completed their bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post. The qualifying degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks. Those who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer. Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years. Candidates belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.
28th January 2016, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Am finished my bca can I join in customs officer what is the procedure to join and can I join immediately wht is minimum salary and experience needed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?