8th November 2014, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam if pursuing MBA?

Hello Sir
I am a student Of second yr. B.com At St.xavier's College , Goa.
I am Interested in answering upsc exam
and aspire to become an Ias officer.
Sir shall i anwer upsc exam after dng mba???

11th November 2014, 11:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam if pursuing MBA?

Yes, you can appear for UPSC examination after completion of your MBA course. To be eligible to appear for UPSC examinations, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be within 21-30 years old. Age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you are in the second year of B.Com course, you are not eligible to appear for IAS examination. To be eligible to appear for IAS examination, you must have to complete your graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline stream from a recognised university.
12th November 2014, 11:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam if pursuing MBA?

Yes, you can apply for UPSC exam, if you have MBA qualification from a recognized University. In fact Graduation in any discipline is the required qualification for IAS examination.

Therefore, you can concentrate on your Graduation and after completion you will be eligible for IAS examination.

The age limit for IAS exam is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.

1. SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
2. OBC : 3 years relaxation
3. PWD : 10 years relaxation

Selection will be based on the marks obtained in the following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?