21st April 2014, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Does I have to do MBA before appearing for UPSC exam?

Sir I am Rahul and I am pursuing my second yr. B.com. I want to become an Ips officer. Do I have to mba and then answer upsc exam or directly answer upsc? Please help me....

22nd April 2014, 05:46 PM
Nivinivedha

Default Re: Does I have to do MBA before appearing for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am Rahul and I am pursuing my second yr. B.com. I want to become an Ips officer. Do I have to mba and then answer upsc exam or directly answer upsc? Please help me....
One proper degree from recognized university is enough. You should be 21 years old.
12th May 2014, 12:06 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does I have to do MBA before appearing for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

No,it is not needed for you to do your MBA which is a Post Graduate course to apply for the UPSC Exam to join in as a IPS officer even if you completed your B.com you can be eligible for applying.To join in as a IPS officer you would need to apply for the IPS Exam(Indian Police Service).

To apply for the exam there are certain qualification which you would need to satisfy in order to apply for the exam and they are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

To tell in descriptive about these criteria it is mentioned below for your reference:

>> The Nationality standard needed for the exam is that the candidate must have a Citizenship in India.

>> The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 21-30 yeas of age and this is for General category candidate.

>> There are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates and it is that for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.

>> The education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree and that can be in any stream from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

>> The candidate should also be Physically fit while appearing for the exam

The candidate who satisfies all these above criteria is eligible for the exam and can apply in 2 modes:

# ONLINE

# OFFLINE

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?