6th March 2018, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I get job in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited with GATE scorecard?

Respected Sir, I am studying B.Tech Electrical Engineering in prefinal semester. I want to get job in Power Grid Corporation of India PGCIL. I am preparing for GATE. So, by GATE scorecard I get job in PGCIL?

11th April 2018, 01:38 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited with GATE scorecard?

Yes, definitely you can grab a job in PGCIL after the completion of B.Tech in Electrical Engineering. Hiring to the different post under PGCIL is through GATE score card.
Candidates after the completion of B.Tech in Electrical Engineering can apply for the GATE examination. Once, after qualifying in the GATE examination, candidates can apply under PGCIL through valid GATE score card.
12th April 2018, 02:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in Power Grid Corporation of India Limited with GATE scorecard?

Yes, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited recruits candidates through GATE scorecard for "Executive Trainees" post under several disciplines. They are,

<> Electrical Engineering

<> Electronics Engineering

<> Civil Engineering

For Electrical stream: Candidates must have done with B.Tech/ B.E in any of the following streams. They may include Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical) from a recognized university.

The upper age limit for General category candidates is 28 years and for OBC candidates it is 31 years and for SC/ ST category candidates it is 33 years and for PWD candidates it is 38 years.

Candidates must have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying examination and candidates who are doing their final year are also eligible to apply. Candidates will have to quality GATE Examination to be eligible for the post and the previous GATE exam scores will be not be considered eligible for evaluation. As you are presently doing Pre final year, I suggest you to prepare well this year and you will be eligible for next year recruitment through next year GATE Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?