11th April 2015, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?

What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering from IIT Powai? Kindly provide me the answer soon as possible. I am just done with the B.Tech course now and I want to take up the PG course soon as well.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedures and requirements of post graduation in Aerospace engineering from MIT, USA?
  2. Possible to do post graduation in engineering through correspondence after getting selected in civil services?
  3. Can we appear for PG in Aeronautical Engineering after graduating in IT engineering? What is the procedure to appear? Courses offered for PG in Aeronautical Engineering? Any particular entrance exam?
  4. Can I do Aeronautical Engineering for PG after graduating in Mechanical Engineering? Colleges in India offering Aeronautical Engineering in PG level? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Is it possible to do Post graduation course M.Arch after completion of B.E Civil Engineering?
  6. Post graduation in Architecture can be done after B.E. in Civil? Preferable post graduate degree?
  7. Can I do Aeronautical Engineering for PG after graduating from Mechanical Engineering? Which are the colleges in India offering Aeronautical Engineering in graduation and post graduation levels? Which are the colleges in Kerala State?
  8. Can a student pursuing B.Tech/B.E from UGC university appear for all UPSC and Government Exams?
  9. Can I do my PG in Architect after getting degree in Civil Engineering?
  10. Phone interview technical questions? I am graduating as a Civil engineer
  11. Is M.Sc in Animation possible after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  12. Is it good to take B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering from Jamia Peer Muhammad University after diploma in civil engineering? Is it AICTE and UGC approved?
  13. Good Civil engineering colleges in Maharashtra for post graduation?
  14. Can I pursue MS in IT with bachelors degree in civil? I have completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering with 73%
  15. Can a CWA apply for Management traninee in Food corporation in India ?
  16. Does this applicable to IES Exam also being a candidate having applied for Civils Exam or do I need to apply for IES Exam separately?
  17. How can I get my degree by post from PT Ravishankar university, Raipur? I did BE in civil engineering from here
  18. Civil Services Exams based on Post Graduation Marks Because of Low Marks in Graduation
11th April 2015, 06:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?

There are various course options after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering. You should pursue the course in which you are interested and comfortable. After completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering, you can pursue further course in your domain or in other domain. The best course if you want to pursue your higher studies in your discipline is M.Tech or MS or M.E in Civil Engineering. The best course if you want to pursue your higher studies in other discipline is MBA or PGDM. However, you can also pursue other courses like Mass Communication Courses, Aviation Courses, Multimedia and Animation Courses, etc.
13th April 2015, 08:51 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?

B.Tech in Civil Engineering has limited options to pursue Master's degree in the same stream but if changes the stream the number of options increases so if you are interested to go for PG then you should choose PG - M.Tech in Civil Engineering because the same subject/stream will profit you more in your career.

Once you complete your M.Tech in civil engineering then you can generate job opportunities yourself because once your profile goes online then you may be recruited by many companies through online process and one more reason to go for M.Tech in Civil Engineering is that you need to collect in depth knowledge of a particular subject that will definitely lead you ahead in among other competitors because changing stream will not work at all and you will neither be of civil engineering nor of another changed stream and you will loose jobs from your both hands so go for Civil Engineering.

If you still want to get the job on the basis of your bachelor's degree then there can not be any option better than appearing for GATE test and qualify this.

Once you qualify GATE Entrance examination then you can get the job in various Public Sector Units and Industries so this might also be a very good option of your career but you should apply for admission in M.Tech first and also apply for GATE Test.

After qualifying GATE test, scores of GATE will be valid for three years and you can apply for jobs in some reputed government organisations such as :

BHEL - Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
SAIL - Steel Authority of India Limited
GAIL - Gas Authority of India Limited
ONGC - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
NTPC - National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
OIL - Oil India Limited
CIL - Coal India Limited
NPCIL - Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
PGCIL - Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
NHPC
BPCL - Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
Indian Oil Limited

So apply for GATE 2016 and also for PG in civil engineering to make your future brighter.
14th April 2015, 06:48 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What post graduation degree or course should I take after graduating in B.Tech Civil Engineering from IIT Powai? Kindly provide me the answer soon as possible. I am just done with the B.Tech course now and I want to take up the PG course soon as well.
You can join the course related to your Civil Engineering Trade. Since, you have completed your Bachelor's degree from civil Engineering then it will be better for you to opt the course related to the civil Engineering only. So, i will suggest you to chose the Building Mechanics course.
15th April 2015, 01:16 PM
kunalroy89

IIT Powai or Mumbai as commonly known,has a well reputed M.Tech degree for Structural Engineering. Almost every year the highest paid placement from Civil engg dept from Powai is of M.tech Structural engg.
But as good the course is,so is the competition for that and you would see only the topmost candidates in Gate through Civil engg get admission.
Few even leave IISc for Powai's structural M.Tech.
Apart from structural,you can also opt for Water Resource Engg or Transportation as your choice and as per your preference.
It is all upto you to select your choice of paper and score good marks in GATE so as to get the chance to select.
If you do not get into Powai for M.Tech,then also try to take Structural in any of the other IITs as it is the best course for Civil Engineering.
15th April 2015, 03:17 PM
Ashwakh

As you are from B.tech in civil branch , it is always better to take M.tech in Civil branch . Once you complete M.tech in civil branch with a good percentage , you are eligible to apply for many government jobs in many government companies . If you are intrested you can also join in Private sector jobs.

~ After M.tech you can apply for the Senior level posts in Government companies like ,

ongc
sail
gail
ntpc
isro
drdo
bsnl
bhel,etc.

** You can also attend for the interviews in IT Companies for the post of Software engineer .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?