20th June 2016, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Chances to get a Government job after studying BA or BSW?

Hello,
I have completed 12th with Art stream and now want to study Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Social Worker. But, I am confuses about future. Is there any chance to get Government job after BA or BSW?

23rd June 2016, 09:11 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Chances to get a Government job after studying BA or BSW?

You have completed your 12th standard with Arts stream and want to study B.A or BSW. You are interested to know whether you are eligible for government job after BA or BSW.

>>Yes, definitely you are eligible for government job after completion of graduation degree. There are lots of opportunities for you in govt. job. Following are some good competitive exams in which you are eligible after completion of BA or BSW degree:

--SSC CGL

--IBPS PO/ Clerk

--SBI PO/ Clerk

--Indian Railway (Non Technical post)

--Insurance companies (Administrative Officers post)

--IB ACIO

**So in my opinion there is no need to worry about the future this time. You have to firstly take admission in graduation course as per your interest i.e BA or BSW. After completion of graduation course you have to start filling the application for govt. jobs. You can also start your preparation in the meanwhile of the graduation course.
24th June 2016, 09:11 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed 12th with Art stream and now want to study Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Social Worker. But, I am confuses about future. Is there any chance to get Government job after BA or BSW?
After completion of B.A course, you can apply for government sector jobs like banking exams.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
24th June 2016, 03:15 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

Yes, you have very good chances of getting a government job after studying BA or BSW.
You can appear for various state government vacancies through State Staff Selection Commission like TNPSC. You have to appear for the written test and interview for the selection. The website link is Official Website
You are eligible for various posts in central government; the examinations are conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The website link is Official Website
You are eligible for a Clerk and Probationary Officer posts in nationalized banks. The recruitment is done by IBPS; you have to appear for Common Written Test and interview for the selection. The website link is Official Website
You are eligible for various jobs in Railways; the recruitment is done through Railway Recruitment Board. You have to appear for written test and interview for the selection. The RRB website link is Official Website
24th June 2016, 11:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much avail a government job after completion of either of the courses. There is no such problem in it. You just have to be a graduate from a recognized University in order to be eligible for various government examination.

You can appear for some of the government examination like UPSC, SSC, IBPS, NDA, etc. After clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to avail a job post in the prospective government sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?