30th May 2015, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

Which to choose between MBA or Government Job?

Hi ,

I am sunny.I have completed My Btech in IT and working in a reputed MNC from past 2 years.But,the lack of opportunities have forced me to consider my plans for an MBA.At the same time i also am confused about the various options in Government sector in My Engineering field through IAS,IPS,IFS,IES.I dont know what are job profiles after all of these..can u please brief and also my priority is staying in mumbai itself.Is it still possible?

30th May 2015, 11:43 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Which to choose between MBA or Government Job?

With B.tech as qualification there are many Government jobs which you can apply .
MBA is also a good option for you . With MBA as qualification , you can apply for Manager level posts in Government companies and in Private companies also .

With MBA as qualification , you can apply for the post of Manager in Airports Authority of India limited.

~ With B.tech as qualification , you can apply for the Civil service exam (Ias , Ips)

Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC or ST category .
You shouldbe a citizen of India.

Selection process is ,

1. Preliminary exam
2. Main exam
3. Interview
31st May 2015, 02:02 PM
james hettfield
Member+

It is completely your choice, where do you want to go.
If you want to get a reputed job with lot of power, then I must say that you should go on for a government job because all these perks are given to the government officers only.
Now if your aim is to work a lot and earn a lot of money, then you should go on for MBA because being an MBA you will be appointed as the manager and then you will have a very good life but on the other there will be a lot of work for you to do.
31st May 2015, 02:53 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

I suggest you that you should go fir government job.Because after graduation it is good to settle your life and choose your career.If you are really interested to do MBA from the best Institutes of India like IIM's then it is good for you.You can also go in this Sector.There is so good package for IIM's in world's best Companies.World best Companies recruit candidates those have completed MBA from IIM's.They get the Manager's post directly after training of Some month.You have both the options you can go for Government Job and also do MBA from the reputed Institute.

There are many jobs in Government Sector after completing MBA and you can also go for the Private Sector Jobs.

I Suggest you that don't waste your time and money from a low level institute if you want to take a reputed Job from the college Campus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?