25th June 2017, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Which course to opt after 12th commerce to prepare for IAS exam?

Hi, I want to ask you that I am in 12th standard and I have taken commerce with Hindi. After completing this, I want to do preparation for IAS. What should I do after 12th. Please give me some advice.

Related Questions:
25th June 2017, 10:32 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to opt after 12th commerce to prepare for IAS exam?

As you have completed 12th Class in Commerce stream, the best course I would suggest you to go with is Commerce course in Bachelor Degree too.

Yes, the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for joining IAS is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

As you are from 12th Class commerce background, I would suggest you to go with B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) course

and that course is allowed in order to apply for IAS Civil Services Recruitment Examination. I suggest you to first concentrate on Bachelor Degree studies and then you can start applying for Civil Services Examination and prepare accordingly.
25th June 2017, 11:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in these examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Age limit is between 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

To qualify in examination you have to qualify in all three stages of examination ( Preliminary, Mains, Interview).

So, you can pursue any course of your interest in bachelor degree. But you must start preparation for examination from 1st year of bachelor degree.

For syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th June 2017, 01:01 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To be an IAS officer you have to complete your graduation first. After that you can apply for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC. For basic preparations you should improve your English language. Read English newspaper daily. Make it a habit. Keep an eye on the current affairs. You can join any good coaching institute when you will be in the final year of your graduation. Thanks
26th June 2017, 01:04 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you must start preparation for examination if you want to prepare and qualify in examination in future.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service examination conducted for recruitment as an I.P.S, I.A.S Officer etc. So, you can pursue any course in your bachelor degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.
26th June 2017, 01:45 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such course to apply for Indian Administrative Service examination. Just to be eligible for IAS you must complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years and age relaxation will be provided as per government norms. You must be an Indian citizen and your height should be minimum 165 cms. With this eligibility you can appear for IAS examination and to prepare for that you can refer to NCERT books for UPSC IAS examination.
26th June 2017, 01:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can select any course after 12th to prepare for Indian Administrative Services. Civil Services aspirants from all streams are eligible for Civil Services examination. You can opt for any stream.

Generally candidates prefer Humanities stream for this examination. You can select stream according to your interest. Minimum age limit to apply for this examination is 21 years.

Stages of this exam:

Preliminary examination.

Main examination.

Personal interview.

You can start your preparation by reading NCERT books. Develop a habit of reading any newspaper like The Hindu or The Indian Express daily.
27th June 2017, 04:35 AM
ranu shahi

To become an IAS officer you have to first complete your graduation in any discipline with minimum 50 percent aggregate with any reputed or UGC certified university.

The selection of an IAS officer is held by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC examination:-
Candidate must have qualified graduation in any discipline.
Candidate who is in final year is also eligible.
Candidate’s graduation degree must be from any UGC approved university or any state university.

Age Limit:-
General - 21 years to 30 years.
There is an encrement of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 Years for OBC.

UPSC examination will be conducted in three steps:-
Step I – Preliminary Exam
Step II – Mains Exam
Step III – Interview.
27th June 2017, 02:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I want to ask you that I am in 12th standard and I have taken commerce with Hindi. After completing this, I want to do preparation for IAS. What should I do after 12th. Please give me some advice.

Actually, one can study, graduation in any discipline to appear for IAS (Civil Service Examinations). You can choose graduation in commerce or history or public administration or economics or political science to prepare for civil service examinations. Civil service examination has three parts, namely Preliminary examination, Main examination and Interview. Civil service examinations are conducted once every year. Those candidates with graduation in any stream are eligible to apply for civil service examination. There are various coaching classes also available for the civil service examination. UPSC is conducting the civil service examinations.
27th June 2017, 03:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The academic qualification required for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university to apply for this examination. You are free to opt for any stream in bachelor's degree to become eligible to apply for this exam.

After 10+2 in commerce stream, you should get admission in Bachelor of Commerce and along with that, you can do preparation of this examination. At age of 21 years, you will become eligible for Civil Services examination.
28th June 2017, 08:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After 12th standard in Commerce, you can do B.Com course to become an IAS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. Final year candidate are also eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
2nd July 2017, 01:21 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
You can take help of any good Coaching and prepare well,after completing your Graduation,you make sure to crack the UPSC IAS EXAMINATION... ALL D BEST
5th July 2017, 06:46 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

You can opt any subject in class 12th according to your choice. It will not have any impact on IAS exam. The main eligibility criteria for IAS exam is that a candidate must have bachelor degree. You have to do graduation after completing your 12th. A candidate with any stream in class 12th and who have graduated can apply for IAS exam.
The minimum age to appear for IAS Exam is 21 years. This means that the candidate must have at least 21 years of age on 1st August of that given year when the exam is held.
he number of attempts for IAS exam:6 attempts.For OBC and SC/ST candidates the no of attempt is 9 attempts.
A candidate should have graduation degree.. Firstly, you have take admission in graduation. After completing your graduation you can apply for IAS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?