7th March 2011, 05:53 PM
Maryy

Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?

i am planning to pursue masters in law this year. will i be able to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? what subjects must i opt for?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  2. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  3. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  4. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  5. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  6. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  8. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  9. Which two optional subjects should I opt for my mains exam? I have done BSc with Maths and Computer
  10. What are the subjects of IAS? How should I prepare for IAS?
  11. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  12. Which optional subjects to opt for main exam?
  13. Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?
  14. Which subjects can I opt for IAS Exam being an IT student?
  15. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Which are the subjects that would help?
  16. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
  17. Which subjects should I choose for IAS exam while doing B.Tech IT?
  18. How to prepare for IAS? Subjects to study?
15th July 2011, 01:38 AM
sumit 1989

Default Re: Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryy View Post
i am planning to pursue masters in law this year. will i be able to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? what subjects must i opt for?
Hi, yes you can surely pursue your education and prepare side by side for IAS.
There are a number of subjects to choose from, so it has to be your own and wise decision, if you are a law graduate and you think you are strong in law, appear in it. Or else you may find subjects like public administration, sociology, political science etc. helpful.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
21st July 2011, 10:55 AM
Tribhuwankumar1990

Wink Re: Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?

Quote:
Yes, you can appear for the exam while persueing masters in law.
you can opt for any subject of your choice in which you are strong enough
The various subjects for the mains examination are
1.agriculture
2.animal husbandry and veterinary science
3.anthropology
4.botany
5.chemistry
6.civil engineering
7.commerce and accountancy
8.economics
9.electrical engineering
10.geography
11.geology
12.history
13.law
14.management
15.mathematics
16.mechanical engineering
17.medical science
18.philosophy
19.physics
20political science and international relations
21.psychology
22.public administration
23.sociology
24.statistics
25.zoology
28th July 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?

Pls guide me to select my optional subject now i hav completed my engineering in electrical and electronics and also now am goin to join my pg program in regular i can prepare for IAS exams also va
18th November 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

totally how many subjects are to be taken?
19th November 2011, 05:04 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?