9th March 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC CGL written exam? Steps after qualifying in this exam? Suitable books for preparation?

Hello Everyone,
I have applied for SSC CGL exam. So, I want to know the qualifying marks and also I would like to know after qualifying what is the next step? Also refer some books that help me to prepare for SSC CGL exam. Thank you in advance.

12th March 2016, 06:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC CGL written exam? Steps after qualifying in this exam? Suitable books for preparation?

To get an Idea on SSC CGL Examination, one must look for the past year's cutoff marks. So that one can achieve good score based on the planning considering of previous year's cutoff marks. There is no sectional cutoff in CGL Examination and there is a overall cutoff. Remember, not only crossing the cutoff marks you are required to score merit marks in order to make sure the selection.

SSC CGL Tier 1 Cutoff Marks:

For General - 102.25 out of 200 marks
For OBC - 89.50
For SC - 80.25
For ST - 74.25
For Ex-Servicemen - 67.75
For OH - 69.00

As there is no sectional cutoff, I suggest you to work on the topic in which you are very good at to score maximum marks in particular section. As there is negative marking be careful while attempting questions. Here are the best books for SSC CGL 2016 Examination.

For Science and Static GK - Lucent's General Knowledge
For Quantitative Aptitude - Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwal
For Grammar - Objective General English by S.P.Bhakshi
For Reasoning - Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
12th March 2016, 08:41 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Cutoff marks required to qualify in SSC CGL written exam? Steps after qualifying in this exam? Suitable books for preparation?

You have applied for SSC CGL exam and want to know about the qualifying marks of SSC CGL. Basically the selection procedure in SSC CGL consists of written test (Tier I and Tier II) followed by skill test.

>>If you qualify in Tier I then you have to appear in Tier II. The Tier II consists of two papers. Paper I consists of question from Numerical Ability while Paper II consists of questions of English Language.

>>You want to know about the qualifying marks in SSC CGL. Following are the cut off marks in different category in Tier I:

-- SC- 80.25

--ST- 74.25

--OBC- 89.50

--Ex.S- 67.75

--OH- 69.00

--HH- 20.00

--VH- 51.00

--UR - 102.25

Books for preparation:

--Quantitative Aptitude by S. Chand

--A Modern Approach to verbal and Non verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggrawal

--General Knowledge by Lucent Publication

--Objective English by S.P Bakshi

--Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?