3rd January 2018, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Which degree should atake after 12th to become collector

I m in 12th std now which degree should i take to become a collector..i was about to cmplete my 12th my finals will ne on 1st march.

4th January 2018, 11:33 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree should atake after 12th to become collector

As you are saying that you want to become collector after passing 12th so, here I am providing you the eligibility for that.

Sorry to say, but you can not become a collector after 12th class because graduation is the required qualification to apply for this post.

Eligibility:

Candidates should be graduate in any subject from the recognized institute to apply for this post.

Candidates should not be above 30 years to apply for this post.

Those candidates who qualify in written test will have to appear for personal interview also.

Candidates should appear for IAS which is conducted by UPSC to apply for this post.
4th January 2018, 11:34 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a collector, you are required to appear in Administrative Services Examination. Yes, you are required to appear in IAS Examination called Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any stream from a recognized university.

>> Yes, Graduation in any stream is accepted in order to be eligible. Hence as any stream is accepted, I suggest you to choose the best course in which you are very much interested in.

>> You may choose B.E/ B.Tech/ BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BCA/ BBM/ BBA..etc., courses in order to be eligible.

>> The course you choose will be depending upon your interests and skills that you have. B.E/ B.Tech/ BA may be the best courses that you may go with. You are required to score merit marks in IAS in order to become Collector.
4th January 2018, 05:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m in 12th std now which degree should i take to become a collector..i was about to cmplete my 12th my finals will ne on 1st march.

Candidates who want to become a Collector in the future can study any bachelor’s degree like BA or BSc or BE. They can study any one of the following degree course to become a collector: BA History, BA Political Science, BA Sociology, BA Public Administration, BSc Agriculture, BA Geography, BA Economics, etc. Candidates have to clear the UPSC Civil Service Examinations to become a Collector (IAS) in the future. The UPSC Civil Service Examinations consist of Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Personality Test (Interview). Candidates have to clear all the rounds to become an IAS Officer (Collector).
4th January 2018, 07:28 PM
babytara

Post Re: Which degree should atake after 12th to become collector

You have to complete graduation in any field from a recognized university.

Age: 21-30 years. for OBC 3 years age relaxation and for SC 5 years age relaxation.

Selection Process: Civil Services Aptitute test (CSAT) Entrance exam, Medical Test,Interview.
4th January 2018, 08:23 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become collector you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted in three stages.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of bachelor degree.

So, you can pursue any stream in bachelor degree after 12th to appear in examination.

For final recruitment you must have to do better preparation as per syllabus of examination.
4th January 2018, 08:39 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

It is good to hear that you want to become a collector in future. So, for that you have to complete your 12th standard at first. Then you have to get admission for bachelor's degree in any discipline you are interested in. After qualifying graduation, you have to appear for Indian Administrative Service (IAS examination). For that your age should be in between 21 to 32 years, for OBC candidates the age will be 35 years and for SC/ST candidates the age will be 37 years. After you qualify the examination you can become a collector.
4th January 2018, 08:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who Aspire to become a collector should qualify the civil services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission and they should first qualify the preliminary test called Civil Service Aptitude Test. As per the minimum eligibility criteria, candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised University in order to appear in this examination. One who will qualify these preliminary examination will able to appear in main examination and interview.
5th January 2018, 04:02 PM
smdk

To become an IAS officer you have to write Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam after your graduation/degree. You can study any course after 12th. You just need a degree to take UPSC exam.
Eligibility:
Any degree/graduation from a recognized university.
Age limit is 21-32 years. For OBC upto 35 years. For SC/ST upto 37 years.
Number of Attempts:
OBC - 7
SC/ST - Unlimited
General - 4
Exam Stages:
Stage 1: Preliminary Exam(Objective Type)
Stage 2: Main Exam (Conventional Type)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?