20th March 2015, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility to apply for NDA exam?

Sir,
I am studying in 10th standard.
I want to apply for NDA entrance exam.
Kindly tell me its eligibility criteria
and also give me all relevant details immediately.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Air Force after 10th? Is there any job available?
  2. Detailed information, syllabus and books to prepare for NDA exam?
  3. Am I eligible for NDA Exam?
  4. What is the detailed syllabus of NDA entrance exam? Where can I get the examination details? What should I do to score well in exam?
  5. How can I apply for Food Corporation of India AG-III(Accounts) recruitment? Detailed information and eligibility to apply?
  6. How may I change my degree program from B.Sc science to B.Sc genetic engineering?
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for NIPER PhD JET?
  8. Detailed information on how to apply for Aeronautical Engineering? Which are the best colleges in AP?
  9. How can I join Indian Army being a Physiotherapist?
  10. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in KPSC recruitment exam for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for IBPS recruitment exam?
  12. Detailed information and eligibility to apply for TOEFL for B.Com student?
  13. How can I appear in NDA entrance exam being a 16 years old 12th female student? Detailed information about entrance exam, interview and physical fitness required for NDA?
  14. Can I join IAF after passing 10th
  15. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and qualification required to apply for KPSC exam?
  16. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in COMEDK PGET?
  17. Minimum age criteria and eligibility criteria for NDA exam? Where to get the forms for NDA in Delhi? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Detailed information, syllabus, eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for TNPSC exam?
21st March 2015, 02:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply for NDA exam?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year for candidates who are interested to join in Indian Army/ Navy/ Air Force. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview

How to Apply :-
Candidates who are interested to appear in NDA examination can apply for examination by visiting the UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
21st March 2015, 03:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are still pursuing 10th class, you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination this year with the qualification you have. Yes, the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for NDA & NA Examination is "12th Class from a recognized university" in any stream in 10+2 pattern. You can apply for NDA Examination either when you will be in 12th class or after completion of 12th class.

NDA Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year. NDA & NA Examination is conducted for Army Wing, Air Force Wing and Naval Wing admissions.

Educational Qualification Required:

>> For Army Wing of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School education or its equivalent is allowed.

>> For Air Force Wing and Naval Wings of NDA: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 patten of school Education with Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent educational qualification.

Age Limits of NDA Exam:

Minimum age: 16.5 years
Maximum age: 19 years

Important Note: Remember only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this NDA Examination. And there is no age relaxation at all for reserved category candidates.

Important Dates:

* Issue of Month of Notification: October-November and April to May

* Conduct of NDA Examination in a year: April to May And September to October

Click here for Exam Pattern and More Details
21st March 2015, 03:55 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination. NDA i.e National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for admission that has interested to join Army wings, Navy wings and Air Force wings. To apply for this examination, you should have completed intermediate from a recognized school or equivalent qualification. Even, final year of board examination may also apply. But being 10th STD candidates are not eligible to apply.

You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years. You should be unmarried male candidate. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. For Navy and Air force, you should have studied 12th with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects. NDA I notification has been already released. Last date for receipt of application has closed. Next notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC.
22nd March 2015, 01:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
No, you are not eligible for NDA exam because you are studying in 10th standard.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks

Books for NDA exam are,

NDA National Defence Academy Examination
Author: Jain, Gupta
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan (2012)

Success Series General Science: An Indispensable Book for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination also Useful for IAS / PCS / NDA / CDS and all Other Examinations
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2013)

NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide
Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)
22nd March 2015, 03:59 PM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Detailed information and eligibility to apply for NDA exam?

hello dear,

first of all if you are a male candidate then you can apply for this exam but if you are a female candidate then you can not apply for this exam because only male candidate can apply for NDA exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

* you must be passed 10+2 from the recognized university or board.
* age must be 16.5 to 19 years .
* age relaxation for sc 5 years and for obc 3 years.
* you must be an indian.
* height must be good.
* you must be physically fit.

for more detail you can go to its official site www.upsconline.nic.in

thank you
23rd March 2015, 10:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

Information About NDA:

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. This is one of the defence service exam and is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year twice as NDA I and NDA II. The candidates who want to join in defence forces such as Indian Army, Indian Navy and Air Force can apply for NDA exam.

The procedure for applying for the exam is that you should satisfy the eligibility standard which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Martial Status
  • Age limit
  • Education qualification
  • Physical Standard

# Nationality standard states that candidate should have a Citizenship in India

# The martial status needed for the exam is that the candidate should be a Unmarried male candidate.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years of age.

# Education qualification needed for joining in Indian Army is that the candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education and in the case of joining in Indian Navy or Air Force the candidate need to have completed +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

# The candidate need to be physically fit as it is very much essential for the exam.

Candidates are selected through 2 stages:
  1. Written Exam
  2. Interview

The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects, Maths and General Ability Test and the maximum marks for Maths is 300 & General ability is 600 and the duration of the exam is 2 1/2 hours.

When regarding your qualification, you are not eligible for applying for the exam at this stage. It is better that you continue your studies and satisfy all the eligibility standards mentioned above to be eligible for applying for the NDA Exam

For more info check at UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th March 2015, 09:57 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Usually NDA (National Defence Academy ) exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year . The Notification of the exam will released in Oct/Nov and the second phase will be Apr/May. Trough NDA you have a chance to apply for the three wings .And the eligibility criteria will vary from one another.

Eligibility of NDA Examination :

1.You should complete 12th from a recognized board with any discipline for Indian Amy .If you are interested at Indian Air force or Indian Navy you should complete the 12 th with MPC as the Main Stream.

2.Age should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years. 12th students can also eligible to apply for the NDA.
14th April 2015, 03:58 PM
Ashwakh

National Defence Academy exam:-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To apply for the NDA exam to join in Defence services ,

>> The candidate shouldhave completed 12th from a Recognised board
To join either in Airforce or in Navy through NDA exam , the candidate shouldhave taken PCM subjects in 12th .

>> Age of the candidate shouldbe in between 16.5 to 19 years only

>> The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India

>> The candidate shouldbe an Unmarried candidate

>> Only Male candidates are eligible for the exam .

The exam will be conducted by UPSC , twice in every year.

Selection process is ,

1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical test

Written exam syllabus is ,

1) Maths
2) General knowledge
1st September 2016, 12:33 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

NDA - National Defence Academy

NDA (National Defence Academy) examination is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice every year for the recruitment of candidates from all over India into its following branches :

* Indian Air Force
* Indian Army
* Indian Navy

* Eligibility Criteria ;

* Nationality : The candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Marital Status : The candidate muat be unmarried.

* Category : Any category candidate can apply for it.

* Age limit : The age limit for NDA exam is 16.5 years to 19 years.
Also, there is no any age relaxation for any category candidate.

* Educational Qualifications : The candidate must have passed his Intermediate course i.e. 10+2 course from any recognized Board/University or any equivalent qualification.

// In order to apply for Air Force or Naval Academy, you must have Physics and Mathematics as your main subjects in Intermediate course.

* Physical Conditions : The candidate must be physically and mentally fit

// For any further details and notifications, you can go to the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?