20th March 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam being a 20 years old candidate?

Sir,
I am 20 years old and I want to join NDA.
Kindly tell me I am eligible to apply for NDA exam or not?
Please tell me as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance

21st March 2015, 02:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam being a 20 years old candidate?

No, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination being a 20 years old candidate. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

Since, the maximum age limit to appear in NDA examination is 19 years. Being a 20 years old candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination.
21st March 2015, 02:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The Exact answer for your query is NO. Yes, being a 20 years old candidate, you cannot apply for NDA Examination. The maximum age of candidate must not exceed 19 years i.e., candidates whose age is more than 19 years they are absolutely not eligible to apply for NDA & NA Examination.

Minimum age Required : 16 1/2 years

Maximum age allowed : 19 years

There is no age relaxation is applicable for any category candidate (General/ SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-servicemen/ PWD). Since your age is more than what is required, I am once again sorry to say that you are NOT Eligible.
21st March 2015, 03:04 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to NDA exam being a 20 years old candidate because you're already crossed age limits framed by NDA. So, now you are ineligible to apply for NDA Examination. But after completing graduation, you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination. Actually, NDA examination is conducted for admission to intermediate candidates in different wings. Same as CDS Examination is conducted for admission to graduate candidates in different services. So bothare same but qualification wise it differs. So, you can definitely eligible to apply for CDS Exam after completing graduation.

CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Officer Training Academy. CDS I Examination has been over. CDS II Exam notification will be published in the month of June/July in the official website of UPSC.
22nd March 2015, 12:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Thank you in advance
No, you are not eligible NDA exam because your age is above 19 years.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.
22nd March 2015, 02:56 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Thank you in advance

Details About NDA:

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this a defence service exam and being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year. This exam is conducted twice in a year as NDA I and NDA II.

It is good to see your interest in joining in NDA to serve the country, but the problem arises when your age is regarded. For applying for the NDA Exam there are certain eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

# Candidate should have a Citizenship in India

# Only unmarried male candidate is eligible.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2-19 years of age.

# Educational qualification needed is, candidate should have completed +2 and for joining in IAF or Indian Navy candidate should complete +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects.

You are not satisfying the age criteria framed for the exam, as you have exceeded the limit which makes you ineligible for applying for NDA exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th March 2015, 10:34 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No ,dear you don't have eligibility to apply for NDA with 20 years of Age .Since it only allows the students with the age in between 16 1/2 to 19 years. This limit should be satisfied at the time of SSB interview for NDA . If you have not satisfied with your Age ,then you will be disqualified for further selection process.

In addition to you must satisfy the educational qualifications as well. i.e., you must complete the 10+2 for (Indian Army ) and 10+2 with MPC ( Indian Navy and Indian Air Force )
29th March 2015, 10:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy .The NDA exams are conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and are named as NDA I (held in month of April ) and NDA II ( held in the month of September ).

NDA has three wings that are (i) Indian Air force (ii) Indian Navy & (iii) Indian Army.

No , you are not eligible for NDA exams being 20 years old as the age limit for this examination is 16.5 years to 19.5 years now earlier it was 16 years to 19 years .

Also for this examination you must have done your 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized school/ college .

Also you have to be an unmarried male for this examination .

The examination is taken into two phases :-Step I : Written examination & Step II :- SSB interview .

For futher queries visit the official website of U.P.S.C. i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?