10th August 2015, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Detailed job opportunities for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer in PSU? Tips for preparation?

Sir,
I don't know how to prepare for PSU exams as I am very much interested to join PSU. Please help me with further detailed jobs in PSU. I have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities in core field for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  2. How to prepare for PSU exam after passing B.Tech Mechanical? Books to be referred for PSU examination?
  3. How to prepare for PSU exam and Petroleum Refineries? Books to be referred for PSU exam preparation?
  4. Can I apply for PSU exam after passing B.Tech computer science? What are the opportunities in PSU?
  5. Should I go for MBA, PSU Preparation, Banking sector or job in any private organization after passing mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Job opportunities for B.E. Mechanical Engineer?
  7. How to get a government job related to Mechanical Engineering? What is the syllabus? Tips for preparation?
  8. What are the jobs available for fresh mechanical engineer in PSU
  9. List of PSU companies having criteria of less than 65% in B.Tech?
  10. Tips to prepare for PSU for mechanical engineering students?
  11. What are the job opportunities for mechanical engineer in India Forest Services?
  12. What kind of job opportunities are available for me in PSU's after passing CSE engineering with 70%? How to apply for those jobs?
  13. Which PSU's recruit production engineers? What is the syllabus for preparation for PSU
  14. What are the PSU undertaking companies offering recruitment without GATE for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 4th semester student?
  15. PSU companies for mechanical engineer?
  16. What is PSU? Any future of mechanical engineer in PSU? How can I crack PSU?
  17. Job opportunities in PSU for Diploma in Civil Engineering candidate?
  18. Eligibility to get job in L&T for KT Mechanical Engineer? Detailed information about L&T company?
12th August 2015, 03:48 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed job opportunities for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer in PSU? Tips for preparation?

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertakings. Examples are NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc. There are two ways to get jobs in Public Sector Undertakings. Most of the PSUs recruit candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard while some of the PSUs also recruit candidates by conducting entrance test and interview.

So, you can prepare for the GATE exam and appear in it and try to secure good marks in order to get job in PSUs. The syllabus for PSUs exam is also same as GATE exam. You should focus on technical subjects of your core stream of engineering. Examples of core subjects of Mechanical engineering are I.C Engines, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Heat and Mass Transfer etc.

SAIL conducts it own entrance exam. You can apply for the various PSUs from its official website.
14th August 2015, 02:11 PM
ArchanaReddy01

Default Re: Detailed job opportunities for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer in PSU? Tips for preparation?

Hi,

There are plenty of job opportunities for freshers and experience in PSU's and coporate sectors check it out happy minds job search app and it also offers employee referral amount.

Happy Minds is a staffing solutions provider. In order to make staffing and job searching easier, Happy Minds has come up with a manpower staffing application in the form of a job search mobile app. This android app facilitates companies to post jobs, and job seekers to apply for them. This app has other features like updates, notifications etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?