9th June 2014, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become CID/IPS Officer from B.Com student having secured 52% in 12th?

Sir
I studying in b.com 1st year and i want to become
cid officer or ips officer .............
i got 52% in 12 class .............
can i become cid or ips officer? plz tell me?

12th June 2014, 11:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become CID/IPS Officer from B.Com student having secured 52% in 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
I studying in b.com 1st year and i want to become
cid officer or ips officer .............
i got 52% in 12 class .............
can i become cid or ips officer? plz tell me?
Hey friend,

To join in either IPS or CID after completing +2 and doing 1st year B.com as you are not satisfying the needed education needed for applying for the exams.There are entrance exams which are conducted for candidate to join in either IPS or CID.

And as per those exams the Education qualification needed for applying is that the candidate should have completed a Bachelor degree from a recognized university in any stream of education.But as you have not even completed your respected degree it is better that you wait and finish 2 more years of study in B.com course and then apply for the exams.

The other standards which you would need to satisfy apart from the education qualification are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Physical Standard

You would need to satisfy them all in order to apply for the exams.

ALL THE BEST
13th June 2014, 02:14 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to become CID/IPS Officer from B.Com student having secured 52% in 12th?

To become IPS Officer you need to crack the Civil Service Examination. The Civil Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. 2014 Exam announcement has been already released. Last date for receipt of application on 30.06.14. Application will only be accepted online mode.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  1. The Applicant should have completed degree course from a recognized University or equivalent qualification.
  2. The Applicant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as 1st August of the year of Examination.
  3. The Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Norms.
  4. A maximum of three years for OBC candidates.
  5. A maximum of five years for candidates belongs to be a SC/ST.
  6. Six attempts for General category candidates.
  7. Nine attempts for OBC category candidates.
  8. No limits for SC/ST candidates.

Physical Standards for IPS Exam:-

Height :
  • For Men : 165 cm
  • For Women :150 cm

Chest :-
  • Male candidates : 84 (Expansion 5cm).
  • Female candidates : 79cm(Expansion 5cm).

Eye sight :-
  • 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

Being first year candidate you are not eligible to apply for IPS Examination. But Applicant appearing for their final year examination are also eligible to apply for IPS Examination. No minimum marks required to apply for this examination. So you don't worry about your marks. Minimum Qualifying degree marks is enough to apply for IPS Examination.
30th July 2014, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to join investigation department so what is eligibility for that I am b.com pass student and recently pursuing PGDM?
9th March 2015, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

I am a F.Y.Bcom student. I want to appear for upsc n psc examination but I have an atkt in 2nd semester of F.Y. and Also there is a one year gap! So will I b allowed to appear or am in eligible to appear fr those exams? Will there be any problem? Please help!
12th March 2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation.but my height is 162.any option to join cid
14th March 2015, 11:53 AM
abhishek dharmsya

i am searching last 3 year
question paper of delhi police sub inspector
please arrange to provide me
and send me pdf on mt mail id
as given below

[email protected]
24th March 2015, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I am a mechanical engineering student due to this it is very hard to prepare for ips/ias &so please refer me some books which i should read & I used to read newspapers daily .
24th March 2015, 08:30 AM
cuteneetu
Junior Member+

Hello dear, as you tell that you are pursuing b.com 1st year so dear you can not apply for CID/IPS exam . for the both exam you must be passed graduate from the recognized university.. age must be above to 21 years. so dear if you want to apply for exam then you must complete your graduation first . thank you
24th March 2015, 10:01 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear ,there is no requirement of percentage to apply for the IPS examination.But you have to satisfy the below requirements to applicable for the Civil's and yes Civiil's is the common examination for IAS,IPS and IFS .For more information on eligibility you can have a look on the below eligibility.

Eligibility to become an IPS Officer :

1.You should complete the graduation from a recognized university with any discipline .

2.Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is age relaxation for the various reserved candidates

3.Final year students of graduation can also eligible to apply for the IPS (Civil's ) examination.
26th May 2015, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

sir,
I have less then 50% marks in the economics in 12th class.
can I become an I.P.S officer?
plz tell me sir.
5th June 2015, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

How can i became ips officer ..i was done 2 in non medical stream and now am pursuing BBA in airport mengament (2 year) plzzz tell me am eligibale to became IPS officer for this qualifcation ??
6th June 2015, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir l have passed 12th class with 88% from mp board i want to become IPS officer or cid plz advise me thanku sir
27th July 2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i have passed class 12th with 89% science from isc board .can i become a ias/cid officer plz tell me.
13th September 2015, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

My height is 164 cm, will that be a hurdle to become an ips officer after clearing the prelims and mains of upse?
15th June 2017, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

I am in Bangalore and I'm studying bcom final year, where can I apply for the ips exam. And what and all I need to apply to that. And main thing is there any physical activity conducted for the candidate of ips
11th May 2018, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

I am Lakhan Shinde. In my 12 class percentage is 73.38% in science
Can I become an CID office please tell me sir. He is my dream please suggest me online application form in exam time please send me in 3 years exam papers in PDF size my mail ID
Mail ID; [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?