19th July 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Which exam I should take up to get into government jobs? Process of preparation for such exam?

Myself Vidhya studying final year B E computer science .If i have to get into a big govt job which are the exams i should take up and what is the process of preparation i should do? And what would help me to get into government job sooner.??

Related Questions:
2nd December 2014, 12:04 AM
smithapriya

Default Re: Which exam I should take up to get into government jobs? Process of preparation for such exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Myself Vidhya studying final year B E computer science .If i have to get into a big govt job which are the exams i should take up and what is the process of preparation i should do? And what would help me to get into government job sooner.??
Every year state and central government conducting various entrance examinations for engineering services, civil services, defense and public services and many more throughout the country. A nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the various civil services of the Government of India, including

->Indian Administrative Service,
-> Indian Revenue Service,
-> Indian Police Service and Indian Foreign Service.
-> Indian Engineering service examination that meet technical and managerial functions of Government of India. It recruits engineers for various services.
-> Combined Defense Service examination is conducted twice a year by Union Public Service Examination for recruitment into Indian Military Service, Officers training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Apart from this, State government also conducting various public service exams for recruitment into Law officer, junior engineer, draftsman, sanitary inspector, etc.

Generally selection will be based on written exam and interview. Self assessment is an important part in the preparation. As english is the only medium of examination, it is advisable that you work on perking up your english proficiency in language. You should concentrate more on general knowledge and aptitude. You need to go through previous year question paper. Practise as many mock test as possible. Plan your studies at least 2 months prior to exam. This is the most important aspect towards securing good mark. Apart from gaining knowledge, you are also expected to be aware of current issues for interview preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?