29th May 2015, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

How to join Army after graduation? What is the procedure to be followed?

I am pursuing my graduation (BE) from Information Technology, please tell me how I get commission as officer in Indian army? What is the procedure which I need to follow to apply for Indian Army? Can someone give me the information on this?

29th May 2015, 10:04 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Army after graduation? What is the procedure to be followed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing my graduation (BE) from Information Technology, please tell me how I get commission as officer in Indian army? What is the procedure which I need to follow to apply for Indian Army? Can someone give me the information on this?

Indian Army is a part of the defence services, and to join in this force you need to write the defence service exam. There are various entrance exams which you can write in order to join in the post. According to the qualification which you possess you can apply for CDS exam

CDS - Combined Defence Service

This exam is conducted by UPSC every year for candidates to join in defence services. The eligibility needed is:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational Qualification
  • Physical Standard

# The nationality standard needed is citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is candidate should have 19-24 years of age.

# Educational qualification needed for joining in Indian army is candidate should have completed degree from a recognized university.

# Candidate should be physically fit.

If you tend to satisfy all these criteria then you can apply for the CDS exam. Candidates are selected for the post through :
  • Written Exam
  • Interview/ Intelligence Test/ Personality Test
  • Document Verification
  • Medical Examination

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2015, 10:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Army after graduation? What is the procedure to be followed?

To join in Indian Army after completion of your Graduation course, you need to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years of age.

4. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
29th May 2015, 11:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army after your graduation as an officer you have to crack the Combined Defence Services examination for which the necessary details are as following:-

The examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and are commonly called as CDS I & CDS II .

The examination is held in two stages which are as written examination and service selection board interview taken in order .

The eligibility criteria for appearing in this examination are as here under :-

You must be a citizen of India .

Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years for Indian army wing .

You must have done your graduation with any discipline from a recognized university.

The mental and physical toughness is required as per the norm of service.

For more information regarding the pattern and notifications of same examination log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in .
29th May 2015, 11:15 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

To join Indian Army, you need to crack the CDS examination and NCC Special Entry Scheme. CDS i.e Combined Defence Service Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for IMA, INA, AFA and OTA.

Indian Military Academy: You should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination. Final year of degree course may also apply. Your age should be between 19-24 years. Unmarried male candidate are eligible to apply.

NCC Special Entry Scheme is conducted by Indian Army twice in a year.

Eligibility: You should have completed graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate. NCC Senior B Certificate is mandatory while appearing for NCC Special Entry. Final year of degree course may also apply. Your age should be between 19-25 years. Unmarried male / female candidate are eligible to apply.
29th May 2015, 11:18 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible to join in Indian Army wing after completing B.E. You must appear and qualify in the Combined Defence Entrance exam in order to join in Indian Army wing. Usually, CDS entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year. The Important notification regarding CDS entrance exam will be published in the official website of UPSC. One can download the application from the official website. Let's see the CSD exam eligibility criteria,

- The Applicant must have complete Graduation course in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The Applicant age should be in between 19 years to 24 years.
- The Applicant must physically and Medically fit.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2015, 01:27 PM
Ashwakh

While you are in Final year of B.tech , you are eligible to apply for the Combined Defence service exam to join in Indian Army.
To join in Indian army through CDS exam , age shouldbe in between 19-24 years only
You should be an unmarried candidate.
You should be a citizen of India.

Selection process is ,

1. written exam
2. ssb interview
3. medical test

exam syllabus is ,

1. general knowledge = 100 marks
2. general english = 100 marks
3. elementary maths = 100 marks

~ You can also apply for the UES exam to join in Army.

UES stands for University entry scheme
You can apply for the UES exam while you are in third year of B.tech and final year also.
4th June 2015, 02:46 PM
parnel
Junior Member+

Hello friend,

1.There are better jobs available in army as an officer for graduated students.

2.The eligibility criteria for this post are as follows.

.The candidate must be the citizen of India,
.The candidate age must be between 19 - 24 years,
.The candidate must be physically and mentally fit,

3.If you met with above requirements then you can apply for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam which will be conducted by central government.

4.The CDS exam will be conducted twice a year and it consists of,

.Written Test,
.SSB Interview,

5.First the candidate should qualify the written test which consists of verbal, non-verbal,General knowledge questions and Elementary mathematics.

6.Once you qualify the written test,SSB interview will take place which will include psychological test, group discussions and personnel interview.

7.All these rounds will be held for 5 days if you clear all these rounds then you will be selected as an officer in Indian Army.

-->There are some other ways to become officer in Indian army they are.

.NCC SPECIAL ENTRIES,
.UNIVERSITY ENTRY SCHEME,
.TECHNICAL ENTRIES,
.JUDGE ADVOCATE ENTRY AFTER LAW GRADUATION.

Among all these first mentioned CDS exam is used mainly for entering into Indian army.

Hope this information is helpful to you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?