27th January 2012, 07:32 PM
awasthiarpita

How can I join as Officer in Navy or Air Force through CDS Exam after completion of Graduation in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering and with an age of 23 years?

hello
how can i join indian navy or indian airforce through cds exam after graduation as OFFICER ?
while registering for CDS i dont get the option for naval academy or airforce academy while setting preference.
the only option i get is OTA.
MY AGE IS 23 YEARS AND I M A GRADUATE IN ENGINEERING ( ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMM.)

28th January 2012, 06:16 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join as Officer in Navy or Air Force through CDS Exam after completion of Graduation in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering and with an age of 23 years?

The age limit for various defence services through CDSE is as under.

Indian Military Academy (IMA)
19-24 Years

Naval Academy (INA)
19-22 Years

Air Force Academy (AFA)
19-23 Years

Officers’ Training Academy (OTA)
19-25 Years

The age limit given above is indicative only (cutoff date of birth is mentioned in advt.)
and one should fall in the age limit at the time of joining.

You should check the CDSE advertisement to know the exact cutoff date of births.

As you have mentioned that you are already 23 years old presently so that makes
you ineligible for IMA, AFA and INA so you are eligible for OTA only.

You can apply for Indian Air Force Technical Branch through Direct Entry Scheme.

Visit the Air Force career website for details regarding Direct Entry Scheme.

http://careerairforce.nic.in/
28th January 2012, 07:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join as Officer in Navy or Air Force through CDS Exam after completion of Graduation in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering and with an age of 23 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awasthiarpita View Post
hello
how can i join indian navy or indian airforce through cds exam after graduation as OFFICER ?
while registering for CDS i dont get the option for naval academy or airforce academy while setting preference.
the only option i get is OTA.
MY AGE IS 23 YEARS AND I M A GRADUATE IN ENGINEERING ( ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMM.)

Yes, You are applicable for CDS exam but after completion of your graduation degree.

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE)

This exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

MARITAL STATUS

Only Unmarried persons are eligible

NATIONALITY

You must have citizenship from India.

BEST BOOKS FOR CDSE EXAM

THE EXAMINATION PATTERN

If your height is matched to below figure then you are applicable for CDS exam.

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR CDS EXAM

CDS exam is conducted through SSB so you can prepare for SSB exam.

I have attached some question paper of CDS exam also the syllabus so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Examination Syllabus....docx(13.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (Elementary Maths).pdf(641.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (English).pdf(507.5 KB, 67 views)
28th January 2012, 09:19 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CDS- COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to:-

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY-age limit 19 to 24 years
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY - age limit 19 to 22 years
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY-age limit 19 to 23 years
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY-age limit 19 to 25 years

As per the above information you may not be eligible for Indian Navy and Air Force Academy of CDS as you have already completed 23 years of age and you are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy.

For further details you can check the official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in

Further you can join Indian Navy/Air Force through Direct Entry Scheme and can join Indian Air Force through AFCAT(Air Force Common Admission Test) and can apply for this when you are inthe 3rd year of your B.Tech. course.

For detailed information you may log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in
29th January 2012, 08:08 PM
awasthiarpita

thank you [/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BISWARUPYOGI View Post

Yes, You are applicable for CDS exam but after completion of your graduation degree.

COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE EXAM(CDSE)

This exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION

Those candidate are completed graduation are eligible for CDSE exam but 12 standard subject must be Math and Physics.

B-TECH ans BE student are also eligible for this exam .But you have not any Pending Backlog.

Final Year student are also eligible for CDSE exam.There is no percentage marks criteria.

AGE CRITERIA

Indian Military Academy - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy - 19-25 Years

MARITAL STATUS

Only Unmarried persons are eligible

NATIONALITY

You must have citizenship from India.

BEST BOOKS FOR CDSE EXAM

THE EXAMINATION PATTERN

If your height is matched to below figure then you are applicable for CDS exam.

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR CDS EXAM

CDS exam is conducted through SSB so you can prepare for SSB exam.

I have attached some question paper of CDS exam also the syllabus so please check it out.
31st January 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

sir my height is 180 n my weight is 80kg.please tell me weather i am eligible are not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?