27th April 2015, 04:14 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army through CDS if pursuing B.A. Pass?

Sir
I am a Humanities student and I want to
join Indian Army through CDS. I am doing
B.A. Pass. So, I would like to know that
I can get place in Indian Army through CDS?
Thank you and regards.

29th April 2015, 05:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army through CDS if pursuing B.A. Pass?

You can join only either Indian Military Academy Cadet or Officer Training Academy cadet being a B.A graduate. Yes, B.A is the graduation which is not applicable for Air Force Academy and Naval Academy cadets and apply for IMA and OTA Cadres. The Detailed Educational Qualification eligibility Criteria is given below,

Educational Qualification Required:

For Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering (Or) B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics - YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE

For Indian Military Academy: Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification - YOU ARE ELIGIBLE

For Air Force Academy: Bachelor of Engineering (Or) B.Sc with Physics and/ Or Mathematics - YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE

For Officer Training Academy (OTA): Degree of a recognized university or equivalent qualification - YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
29th April 2015, 06:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join in Indian Army through CDS after completion of your B.A course. To join in Indian Army through CDS, you need to appear in CDS entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS Indian Army examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19 to 24 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the CDS examination notification.
29th April 2015, 07:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
Thank you and regards.
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed B.A degree.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th April 2015, 08:54 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sir
Thank you and regards.
Yes of course, you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination. CDS Examination is conducted for recruitment to IMA, INA, IAF and OTA. The CDS II notification is not yet released. You can expect the notification in the month of July / August in the official website of UPSC.

IMA (Military Academy) : You should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 19 years to 24 years. No age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.

INA (Naval Academy) : You should have completed B.Sc degree with Physics or Physics course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 19 years to 22 years. No age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories. Without Physics or Mathematics as subject, you cannot eligible to apply.

IAF (Air Force Academy) : You should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with mathematics at Intermediate level. Your age should be between 19 years to 23 years. No age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.

OTA (Officer Training Academy) : You should have completed degree course from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 19 years to 25 years. No age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.

Being a B.A graduate, you are eligible to apply for IMA and OTA Examination. You are ineligible to apply for Air Force and Naval Academy. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
30th April 2015, 09:16 PM
s m samy
Member+

You can join Indian army through CDS exam if you have done 50% in BA graduation degree. CDS exam does not requires any percentage in your graduation.

CDS exam is conducted to join-

---Indian military academy

---Navel academy

---Air force academy

---Officer training academy

Eligibility-

---You must be graduate from a recognized university.

---Your age should be between 19-24 years.

--You must be Indian citizen.

Selection process-

Written exam

SSB interview

Medical test

The official website: http://upsc.gov.in
7th May 2015, 10:34 PM
amanshrivastava98

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.
10th May 2015, 11:56 AM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can I join Indian Army through CDS if pursuing B.A. Pass?

Quote:
Sir
Thank you and regards.
Hi yes friend you can join into indian army being in degree final year or after completion of bachelor degree. For this you need to crack entrance exam named CDS. CDS stands for combined defense service held by upsc twice in a year. Through CDS one can be a part of any one of the defense field i.e indian army or indian airfoece or indian navy. For this you need to satisfy yourself with the required criteria. This criteria includes age bar,height,weight,eye sight,free from infection and diseases,should be mentaly and phyaicaly fit and fine,educational qualification ,indian nationality. CDS exam pattern:- 1) writen test 2)personal interview 3) physical test 4)training for selected candidates you need to update youraelf by visiting upsc official page i.e www.upsc.gov.in good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?