21st November 2015, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

How to apply for government job being in final year of B.Tech in Civil engineering?

At present I am in B.Tech final year in civil engineering. I am interested in govt. job. Please give some guidelines for my future career and what are the things I have to keep in mind to apply for govt. job. Can I apply for that in final year itself?

Related Questions:
  1. Government job for Civil engineering for fresher?
  2. What should I do to get a government job while I am doing 3rd year B.E Civil Engineering course?
  3. Job opportunities in Government Sector for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 3rd year student?
  4. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  5. What are the competitive exams I need to prepare for to get the government job while doing my B.E final year civil engineering?
  6. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  7. B.Tech final year is eligible for any government?
  8. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  9. Can I apply for government job after pursuing B.Tech in CSE?
  10. Can I get government job when I am doing final year of B.Tech?
  11. What are the various competitive exams to write for getting government job while doing B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd year?
  12. Do I have any chance to get a government job after passing B.Tech final year CSE with 70%? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What is the correct way to pursue M.S in Civil Engineering from Germany? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering Final year student
  14. How can I apply for government polytechnic job? I am studying final year B.E CS student
  15. How to get Government job after completing Civil Engineering?
  16. Suitable job in Abroad for B.Tech Civil Engineering final year student? Detailed procedure to apply for it?
  17. Which is the most demanding engineering branch nowadays? I have completed M.A B.Tech in Civil Engineering
  18. What are the opportunities available in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
21st November 2015, 10:21 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for government job being in final year of B.Tech in Civil engineering?

First of all you need to decide in which field you want to make your career after completion of bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.

1. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering: This exam is conducted by the IIT or IISC for M.Tech programs and second advantage is that GATE score is accepted by various Public Sector Undertakings like NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc for government jobs.

You can apply for this exam when notification comes. Every notification is out in month of September.

2. The second most important exam for Civil Engineering candidate is Indian Engineering Services. It is conducted by UPSC, you can apply online at official website of UPSC.a
21st November 2015, 11:39 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for government job being in final year of B.Tech in Civil engineering?

Yes, you can apply for the various entrances exams conducted by government of India.

Some of the government sectors in which you can find job opportunities are given below :

* Power generation firms.

* Gas & Oil plants.

* SAIL.

* GAIL.

* ECIL.

* BHEL.

* NTPC.

* IOCL.

* HAL.

* HCL.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE :

* After the release of notification, the candidate should first complete the registration process for the respective job in which he/ she wants to work.

* After that registration process, the candidate should need to pay the application fee through offline/ online mode.

* Then the candidate should fill the application form by entering all the required details asked in the form.

* The candidate should scan the passport size photograph, signature and then upload it in the form at the required block.

* Then the candidate should submit the application form. A copy of the application form should be kept with the candidate for the future reference.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?