6th September 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Army Officer in Indian Army being a 22 years old female Commerce graduate?

Hi,
I am 22 years old girl, graduate in Commerce. I want to join Indian Army as an Army Officer. Can you please tell me what I can do for this?

10th September 2015, 09:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an Army Officer in Indian Army being a 22 years old female Commerce graduate?

For a graduate girl there is CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year for India Army. You can surely apply for it as you are 22 years old. The upper age limit for Indian Army is 25 years.

You have to appear for written exam and SSB for getting selected. Only those who perform well in these stages will get selected for the officers post. You will be only eligible OTA because you are a commerce graduate.
11th September 2015, 11:37 AM
kunalroy89

Default Re: How can I become an Army Officer in Indian Army being a 22 years old female Commerce graduate?

For Female candidates the best option and actually only option is through CDS. You will be eligible for OTA through CDS. The age limit is 25years at the time of commencement of training.And educational qualification required is graduation from any stream.
CDS is conducted by UPSC twice a year.You should check the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in to know about the details,next exam notifications,previous year papers and cutoffs etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?