14th November 2016, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a CBI officer? What is the minimum age and qualification required?

Hello Sir, I am very much interested to become a CBI officer, so I want to know how can I become a CBI officer? What is the minimum age and qualification required? What are the exams that I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 09:47 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a CBI officer? What is the minimum age and qualification required?

The job of a CBI officer is full of responsibilities, risk which is very respectable and honorable, so to apply for that position you have to fulfill some eligibility requirements:

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> You must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized college/university with minimum 55% marks.

> Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years. For SC/ST candidates the age is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

> Minimum height should be 163 cms for men and for women 152 cms.

> You must be physically and mentally fit.

After meeting the above requirements you have to appear and qualify the Union Public Service Commission examination. The selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical test and personal interview.
15th November 2016, 11:50 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a CBI officer? What is the minimum age and qualification required?

In order to become Officer in Central Bureau of Investigation department, you need to first meet the required eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming an Officer in CBI department is "Bachelor Degree" or a Graduation from a recognized university. For this you will have to apply for Combined Graduate Level Examination which is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years in order to be eligible for this post. Whenever you apply for this SSC CGL Examination, you are required to choose "Officer in Central Board of Investigation" as a 1st Preference of post.
17th November 2016, 01:47 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a CBI officer, you will have to have a minimum educational qualification of graduation from a recognized university. Your minimum age should not be below 20 years and maximum age should not have exceeded 28 years.

You will further have to appear for an examination conducted by the CBI branch and after clearing the examination, you will be most eligible to get into the department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?