14th November 2016, 07:53 PM
shubhadapatil21

How can I become a Collector? Details about the exam?

Respected Sir, I want to become a Collector so I want to know how can I become a Collector? What is the qualification criteria required for the post? Please tell me about the exam as well.

15th November 2016, 08:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Collector? Details about the exam?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission which conducts Civil Services examination. To become collector you will have to write Civil Service examination and clear its stages. The qualification required for Civil Services examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. If you are graduate or in final year of bachelor's degree then you can apply for this exam.

You will have to clear following stages of this examination:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Main examination.

>>Personal interview.

There are six attempts for open category candidates within age limit 21-32 years, nine attempts for OBC within 21-35 years and for SC/ST candidates, age limit is 21-37 years.
15th November 2016, 11:56 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To be an collector you will have to become an IAS officer by qualifying Civil Services examination.

* Civil Service examination is held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the citizenship of India.

b) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case your belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

c) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized open or regular university.

For more details regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
16th November 2016, 10:55 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become collector must face IAS exam. UPSC conducts the Civil Service Exam for different posts & one of them is IAS. A candidate can apply if he/she has completed graduation from a valid university & age must be between 21 years to 32 years. You need to face the civil service exam & this exam is not so easy to pass. You must study hard & join coaching classes for the preparation.
16th November 2016, 11:30 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhadapatil21 View Post
Respected Sir, I want to become a Collector so I want to know how can I become a Collector? What is the qualification criteria required for the post? Please tell me about the exam as well.

To become a Collector, you have to clear the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC. The eligibility to apply for the civil service examination is a pass in graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidates applying for the examination should be between twenty one and thirty two years. The candidate should be a Citizen of India.
The Civil Services Examinations consists of three parts. The first one is the Preliminary Examination, the next one is Main Examination and finally Interview. The Preliminary Examination is an objective type questions – two papers. Paper I consists of current events, Indian history, Indian national movement, Indian and world Geography, Indian Politics and Governance, Economic and Social development, biodiversity, general science and climate change. Paper II consists of interpersonal skills, communication, logical reasoning, comprehension, analytical skills, problem solving, basic numeracy, decision making, English language comprehension skills and mental ability. The Main Examination consists of nine papers, two qualifying and seven ranking. First the candidates should clear the Preliminary examination to eligible for Main examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?