26th July 2015, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

How can i become a Defense Engineer after B.Tech?

I am doing B.Tech now. I want to became a Defense Engineer. So please guide me how to get into defense?

27th July 2015, 02:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can i become a Defense Engineer after B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing B.Tech now. I want to became a Defense Engineer. So please guide me how to get into defense?
After completion of B.Tech degree, you are eligible for defense sector through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
27th July 2015, 03:16 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

=> To join Indian defense services you have to pass combined defense services examination organized by UPSC two times in a year.

=> After passing CDS examination you will be able to join Indian army , Indian air force and navy.

CDS eligibility :-

=> IMA & OTA : You have to pass graduation in any stream from any well recognized university.

=> Degree of a recognized University.

Age-limits:

=> 19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
=> 19-22 Years Naval Academy
=> 19-23 Years Air Force Academy
=> 19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy
27th July 2015, 02:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are several opportunities for bachelor of technology candidates who want to join Indian Defense and its wings like Army, Airforce, Navy etc.

You can join defense through the various examinations mentioned below:

1. Combined Defense Services:

This entrance examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. Eligibility criteria for Indian Military academy and Officer's training academy is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

For Indian Naval academy and Airforce, you must have studied physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.

The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years, for INA is 19-22 years, for AFA is 19-23 years and for the OTA is 19-25 years.

Entrance exam consists of written test and Service Selection Board.

For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.

2. Air Force Common Admission test:

Indian Airforce conducts this entrance test for the different branches like Flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch.

You have secured 60% marks in bachelor of technology, you can apply for the exam.

It has a general ability paper and a paper of Engineering knowledge test in written exam. If you clear the written exam, you will be called for Service Selection board.

Official website is www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?