21st March 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an officer through IMA?

Sir/Ma'am, I also want to be an officer through IMA. I have also tried to crack NDA exam, but I couldn't because I was a humanities (arts) student and now I am doing BA. So, please tell afterwards which exams, I have to give with criteria and which course I have to prepare for? Hoping for a positive reply. Thank you. Jai Hind!

21st March 2017, 11:09 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an officer through IMA?

In order to become an Officer in Indian Military Academy through Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination. Yes, there is a certain eligibility criteria required to become an Officer through IMA.

So you are required to apply for CDSE Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for joining as an officer through IMA.

>> The basic educational qualification required for Indian Military Academy or for Officer's Training Academy is "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university or its equivalent course.

>> You can apply for IMA officer recruitment after successful completion of BA course.
22nd March 2017, 10:53 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an officer through IMA?

IMA refers to Indian Military Academy and it is one of the four wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) for joining which you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> Further for joining IMA to be an officer in Indian Army you must have following qualifications :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness norm as per the service requirement.

For more details about same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?