12th September 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i sit in CDS exam after passing BA without Mathematics? Is there any direct admission chance in SSB Interview?

I have not read Mathematics subject in BA. How can i read math to clear CDS. Is there is any other chance for direct admission in SSB interview after passing BA?

12th September 2015, 09:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i sit in CDS exam after passing BA without Mathematics? Is there any direct admission chance in SSB Interview?

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and the CDS examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission twice every year generally called as CDS I & CDS II for the recruitment at the post of officer in Indian defense.

CDS has four wings which are as :- (i) Naval Academy ( NA ), (ii) Indian Air force Academy ( IAF ), (iii) Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and (iv) Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ) .

Now the basis of educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination for different wings, you are eligible for only IMA and OTA wings being a Bachelor of Arts degree holder as for the other two wings of CDS you are required to have your bachelor of science degree with Physics/ Mathematics or Bachelor of engineering/technology degree.

Other qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for IMA and OTA wings are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 24 years for IMA and 19 years to 25 years for OTA.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

Also the examination is conducted in two stages which are called as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
12th September 2015, 09:14 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i sit in CDS exam after passing BA without Mathematics? Is there any direct admission chance in SSB Interview?

Yes, non-maths graduates are eligible for OTA through CDS. You need maths only for other academies. Also, you will be eligible only for Indian Army with this qualification.

If you want to get direct SSB call then you have to apply for special entry schemes like NCC. For NCC special entry schemes you need to take up NCC at college level.
12th September 2015, 10:54 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

CDS - Combined Defence Services exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit the candidates for the post of Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Air Force etc.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* The aspirant should be unmarried male candidate.

* The candidates age should be in the range of 20-25 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should complete his bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized university.

* Candidate should complete class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as their subjects.

The candidates who are selected in the written examination will be called up for SSB interview. The candidate cannot sit directly in the interview
12th September 2015, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have not read Mathematics subject in BA. How can i read math to clear CDS. Is there is any other chance for direct admission in SSB interview after passing BA?
You have completed BA degree so you are eligible for CDS exam in Indian Army post.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 o Years

No, you can not join CDS exam in direct entry.
13th September 2015, 12:00 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Combined Defense Services Examination after passing BA without Mathematics. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There are many cadets available in CDS,

For Naval Academy - You are NOT Eligible

For Air Force Academy - You are NOT Eligible

For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy - You are Eligible (Since Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent)

Click here for More Details

No, it is not possible to get direct admission into SSB interview after direct BA pass without giving Written Examination because Written Examination marks are also considered.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?