18th June 2016, 01:29 PM
abhirm1999

What to do to join Indian Military Academy Dehradun while in 12th standard?

Well actually i am 12th student of this year and i want to join indian military academy at dehradun, so for joining defence what should i do? Please reply me as soon you can

18th June 2016, 10:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to join Indian Military Academy Dehradun while in 12th standard?

To join Indian Military Academy, you must have to complete your 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board and need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a Citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

By qualifying the NDA written examination, you need to participate in further rounds like Interview, Document Verification, etc.,. If you perform well in all the rounds of the NDA examination, you will be taken into Indian Miitary Academy.
19th June 2016, 11:05 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to join Indian Military Academy Dehradun while in 12th standard?

No, candidates are not eligible to join IMA after 10+2 to join IMA candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The minimum required qualification to join IMA is candidate must have passed degree from any recognised university and must qualifies in both the written as well as SSB stages of CDS.

So, you have to wait till your graduation course to join IMA. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th June 2016, 10:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For joining Indian Military academy you need to complete graduation and then apply for CDS exam. Just make sure that you have studied maths as a subject during class 12th and degree stage.

On the basis of class 12th you can only join NDA or NA. NDA and NA exam is conducted by UPSC every year twice. You need to be aged between 16.5 to 19 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?