7th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy)?

Hi, I am Akalya. I am studying B.Tech information technology branch. My aim and goal is to become an military officer. Whether I am eligible to apply in Indian military academy (IMA). What is the minimum height to join in NDA?

7th September 2016, 07:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy)?

Yes, you are eligible to join IMA as according to your educational qualification. To join IMA candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS entrance examination.

The qualification to appear for NDA examination is 10+2 from recognised board and age is 16.5-19.5 years. The minimum height is 157 cm.

So, I think you should appear for CDS examination. The eligibility is bachelor degree from recognosed university. The age limit is 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages written and SSB. Candidates have to qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 08:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy)?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted for candidates to join defence service after 10+2.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. So, most probably you have passed the age limit. So, you need to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

You are eligible to appear for CDS examination as according to educational qualification. The eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed degree from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 09:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Military Academy being a B.Tech graduate, you have to appear in CDS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.

Eligibility criteria to apply for Indian Military Academy through CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 19-24 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate to be eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.

The minimum height required for the candidate to be eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy through CDS examination is 157.5 cms.
7th September 2016, 11:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy):

To join Indian Military Academy (IMA), you can appear in CDS Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The basic educational qualification required for IMA UPSC is as follows.

>> Candidates must have completed Graduate Degree or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> Candidates who are pursuing their final year are also eligible to apply for IMA (Indian Military Academy)

As the degree from a recognized university is required, yes you are certainly eligible to apply for IMA after B.Tech.
7th September 2016, 11:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Akalya. I am studying B.Tech information technology branch. My aim and goal is to become an military officer. Whether I am eligible to apply in Indian military academy (IMA). What is the minimum height to join in NDA?
Yes, you are eligible for IMA (Indian Military Academy) through CDS exam.

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 to 24 years.

Height criteria for NDA exam:-

Army wings :-Acceptable height is 157.5 cms
Navy wings :-Acceptable height is 157 cms
Air force :-Acceptable height is 162.5 cms
8th September 2016, 12:23 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and it is one of the wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) and to join IMA for becoming a military commissioned officer you need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

* CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which involves Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination to join IMA wing are as following :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie between 19 years to 24 years.

iii) You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized regular or open university.

iv) You must satisfy the physical fitness norm for must as specified in the notification chart.

As far as you are concerned about the minimum height for joining IMA is 148 cm for females and 152 cm for males. Also your weight must be in the balance with your height.

For further details about the same examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th September 2016, 12:48 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Eligibility criteria to apply for Indian Military Academy:-

**Candidate should be citizen of India.

**candidate must have qualified Senior Secondary Examination

**candidate Should have passed graduate from the recognized university.

**Final year students are also applicable for exam.

**candidate age should be between 19-23 years.

**Candidate should be physically and mentally strong.

**Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible.
7th March 2017, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I am doing BBA and studying in final year my doubt is that I was having commerce with maths in my 10 2 so am i eligible for IMA because i have listen that to apply for IMA you should have PCM in your 10 2 does it right
6th August 2019, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am MADHU. I am studying Diploma Mining engineering branch. My aim and goal is to become an military officer. Whether I am eligible to apply in Indian military academy (IMA).
1st October 2019, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it mandatory to keep any discipline in degree for appearing cds.(I am a general student of degree)
17th November 2019, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

I am a b.com 2nd year student. My date of birth is 05-01-1998.
Can i apply for IMA?
23rd April 2020, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Hi , I m Maharshi from Gujarat .I am studying in BE chemical engineering last yr and my age is 24 running now .And I was also passed 10th not 12 th because I had graduated diploma engineering after 10th examination.so my goal is to join in IMA wt are the eligibility of IMA .plz consult me .
8th May 2020, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

i completed diploma in polytechnic and then my BTech is pursuing so please tell me am I eligible for CDS exam?
8th May 2020, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

I completed my diploma then my BTech is pursuing so tell me e m i eligible for CDS exam?
20th May 2020, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm Alby Mariya from Bangalore. I'm doing my first year bsc nursing in Bangalore. My current age is 19 years ( running). I want to join the Indian Army. It's my dream. At present everyone in my family and also my relatives are forcing me to go abroad, but I don't have any interest. I want to know about the eligibility criteria and about physical fitness to join in the Army. Please help me out..(20/05/2020)
22nd July 2020, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I'll complete my graduation with Maths, Electronics and Computer Science Subjects , Am I eligible to IMA entrance Exam????
23rd August 2021, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

If we have ncc c certificate do we have to write CDS exam to join IMA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?