12th April 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Border Security Force being a 23 years old B.Tech 3rd year student?

Hello Everyone,
I am a 3rd year B.Tech student. I am very much interested to join Indian Army. I have to join Indian Army in Border Security Force. Right now I am 23 years old. I don't know the procedures and eligibility for joining Border Security Force. Will you please help me?

15th April 2016, 04:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Border Security Force being a 23 years old B.Tech 3rd year student?

There are several posts available in Border Security Force. They are,

>> General Duty Cadre
* Constable - 18 to 23 years
* Sub Inspector - 20 to 25 years

>> Communication Set-up
* Assistant Commandant - 19 to 25 years
* Assistant Sub Inspector (Radio Mechanic) - 18 to 25 years
* Head Constable (Radio Operator) - 18 to 23 years

>> HC
* Head Constable (Fitter) - 18 to 23 years

As far as your age is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for the posts of Constable, Head Constable with this age. So you may apply for all other posts viz., Sub Inspector, Assistant Commandant, Assistant Sub Inspector.

Click here for Educational Qualification and More Details
15th April 2016, 09:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Border Security Force being a 23 years old B.Tech 3rd year student?

BSF is one of the central Armed Police Force. You are not eligible to this force after third year of Bachelor of technology. But you can apply for Central Armed Police Force examination in final year of B.Tech.

CAPF examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The age limit for exam is 20-25 years and upper age relaxed for reserved category candidates. You can join any of police force like ITBP, BSF, CISF etc. You can apply for exam in next year.
15th April 2016, 10:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for " BSF (Sub Inspector ) post with your graduation degree. But this possible when you will complete the Graduation from the recognized university.

Details about the eligibility of Inspector in Border Security Force :

>> Graduation from the recognized university

>> Minimum Age : 20 years

>> Maximum Age : 25 years

>> You should have required physical standards (height, chest and weight)

>> Medical standards.
15th April 2016, 10:30 PM
ealpvinoth

You can write the exam once you complete your degree. It is eligible only for degree holders. It does comes under army but it comes under Home Ministry. You have to write CAPF Exam conducted by UPSC. BSF conducts exam every year and you have to apply for it and try for it.
16th April 2016, 12:26 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You can join Border Security Force by cracking written test and Physical test of Central Armed Police Force exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is academic qualification required for this exam. The age limit is 20-25 years. Upper age relaxed for reserved category candidates.

You can apply for exam in next year, this year, you are not eligible this year.

Official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in.
16th April 2016, 12:47 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

The posts of AC in the Central Armed Police Forces are filled up through the CAPF - AC examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CAPF - AC.
16th April 2016, 12:49 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To join Border Security Force, apply for CPF exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for CPF exam:

1. Graduation.

2. Age limit: 20-25 years.

3rd year candidates can not apply for exam.
4th September 2018, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I fill bsf sub inspector form for junior engineer . I had done b tech . I am eligible or not??
17th October 2020, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Im bsc computer science student final year appearing age 22 four what post should I apply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?