14th January 2017, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

How can I join railway engineering after class 12th?

Sir, I am Harman from Hissar. I want to pursue railway engineering. I am in class 12th and this is my last exam. After 12th, can I join railways engineering. Sir, please tell me & contact me 8607780736.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do railway engineering in mechanical after passing 12th class with PCM?
  2. How can I join the Indian Railway services after completing class 12th (CBSE board)?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in Railway recruitment exams after completing 12th Commerce?
  4. Can I apply for Railway Engineering being a candidate of 12th class with Maths? Do girls are eligible for this course? Last date to join this course?
  5. What are the courses available that I can pursue after completing class 12th Science (PCMB)? -- [New]
  6. Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream?
  7. How to get admission in Mechanical railway engineering after passing 12th with PCM?
  8. How to join Railway engineering college after passing 12th with 68%?
  9. What are the Railway jobs that I can get completing class 12th with 59% marks?
  10. Can I join the Indian Railway college or course after completing class 10th? What is the procedure of admission?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for railway job after completion of B.E degree in second class?
  12. Can I answer special class railway apprentice exam after passing 12th in PCB subjects? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I prepare for Railway exams without taking any coaching class?
  14. Am I eligible to get any Railway Job after completion of 12th Class with 57% of marks?
  15. Procedure, list of colleges, total expenses and course duration of Diploma in Aerospace Engineering for 12th student? Starting salary for diploma Aerospace Engineer?
  16. How to join Railway Engineering after passing engineering in IT? How to join Railway Engineering?
  17. How to join in railway after passing 12th?
  18. Services available in Indian railway after 10th? Expected salary?
14th January 2017, 06:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join railway engineering after class 12th?

Yes, you can definitely join railway engineering after completing 12th standard from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as your compulsory subjects. Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years, for SC/ST candidates there is 5 years of age relaxation and for OBC candidates it is 3 years. You should score 1st or 2nd class marks in 12th standard. With this eligibility you have to appear for any of these examinations like IRTC/RRB/SCRA etc. Hence, if you qualify the examination with god marks then you can definitely join railway engineering.
14th January 2017, 10:03 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be an engineer in Indian Railways you will have to qualify RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board ) entrance examination held by different RRBs following a particular rotation policy.

--> Further through the same examination, both Senior Engineer and Junior Engineer are recruited in Indian Railways and for appearing in the same examination you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* For the post of Junior Engineer :-

i) You need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

ii) You must have at least completed your diploma in engineering degree course from a recognized university.

* For the post of Senior Engineer :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

ii) You must have completed your bachelor of engineering degree course from a recognized university.

So being a Class 12th passed candidate you will have to either go for diploma in engineering or Bachelor of engineering degree course whichever suits you the best. But in my view bachelor of engineering degree course will be the best as it will give you the options of both Junior and Senior Engineer.

For more details about RRB entrance examination you can log on to the link www.rrb.gov.nic.in.
15th January 2017, 12:08 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such course as railway engineering, so you cannot join as a railway engineer. However, you can very much join any sch department after completion of your B.Tech in various fields such as mechanical, electronics, electrical, etc.

You should complete your graduation and after completion of your course, you should look for job in the above mentioned organization.
27th April 2017, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Anis khan from Gonda I want to pursue railway engineering. I am in class 12th and this is my last exam. After 12th, can I join railways engineering. Sir, please tell me & contact me 8052157778
12th June 2017, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, I just want to know about railway engineering admission what is the rule and regulations.. What is the eligibility criteria and How can I join railway engineering after mechanical engineering diploma.. So please give me all details.
13th June 2017, 07:51 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Thumbs up Re: How can I join railway engineering after class 12th?

Hi friend,
After completed your 12th exam you can join in group C and group D after qualifying the RRB entrance exam which have been conducted by the RRB Department,job posts for the 12th class students.Atleast 60% of marks is necessary for the posts.The posts for which the candidates apply for
1.signal maintenance
2.Technician helper
3.Loco pilot
4.TTI
5.porter
13th June 2017, 09:59 PM
rajputamitsingh

Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) is a programme by which candidates are selected by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) India, to train in the undergraduate program in mechanical engineering at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur. This programme started in 1927 and is one of the oldest in India. This exam was cancelled by the UPSC in 2015.
15th December 2018, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Now I am studying in class 12 , my ISC examination will start from 4/02/2019 . After passing my ISC exam how can I join INDIAN RAILWAYS UNIVERSITY FOR EDUCATION IN GRADUATION COURSE ? I am Suparna Majumder , my email address is [email protected]
15th December 2018, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Now I am studying in class 12 , my ISC examination will start from 4/02/2019 . After passing my ISC exam how can I join INDIAN RAILWAYS UNIVERSITY FOR EDUCATION IN GRADUATION COURSE ? I am Suparna Majumder , my email address is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?