12th November 2016, 12:08 PM
roy ashish

Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream?

Respected Sir, My name is Ashish Roy and I am from Durgapur, West Bengal. I am studying in class 11th now and after completing my Intermediate I want to join the Indian railway as a Loco Pilot. I want to know can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I become a Railway Loco Pilot? Which exam I have to write?
  2. Can I apply for Indian Railway Loco Pilot job after completing ITI? Can I become a Loco Pilot with a weak eyesight?
  3. How many exam do I have to qualify for becoming a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway?
  4. Which course should I pursue after completing 12th with Commerce to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway?
  5. Can a handicapped with leg eligible to be a Loco Pilot in Indian Railway? Other job opportunities in Railway for me?
  6. Am I eligible to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing BE Civil Engineering?
  7. How can I become a Loco Pilot after completing SSLC from Brllary?
  8. What is the procedure to become an Engine Driver (Loco Pilot) in the Indian Railway? -- [New]
  9. Can I apply for Railway Engine driver's post (Loco Pilot) after completing class 12th?
  10. Is it necessary to have a Diploma or ITI certificate to become a Loco Pilot?
  11. Is it necessary to to have an ITI degree to become a Loco Pilot?
  12. How to become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Arts?
  13. How to Become a Loco Pilot in Indian Railways after 12th Commerce? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I apply for Loco Pilot after completing 12th?
  15. How can I make my career in Indian Railway as Loco Pilot?
  16. Am i eligible for Indian Railway Loco Pilot post being a 10+2 passed student?
  17. What should I do after completing class 10th to become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railways? Which exam do I have to give?
  18. When an Assistant Loco Pilot be promoted to Loco Pilot of Superfast, Luxury and Good train?
13th November 2016, 11:19 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy ashish View Post
Respected Sir, My name is Ashish Roy and I am from Durgapur, West Bengal. I am studying in class 11th now and after completing my Intermediate I want to join the Indian railway as a Loco Pilot. I want to know can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream? Please answer as soon as possible.
Eligibility for Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway are:

Educational Qualification: 1. Candidate must complete the minimum 10th level of study.

2. Candidate need to complete the ITI in any specified trade to apply for this post.

3. Candidate who had completed diploma in engineering also eligible to apply.

Age Limit : Minimum age should be 18 years and maximum age is 30 years.

Yes, you can apply for Loco pilot exam after 12th study but it is essential that you complete your ITI course before applying for the loco pilot exam.
13th November 2016, 11:20 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream?

To become a Loco Pilot you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria are as mentioned below.

Candidate must have completed 10th standard.

Candidate must need to complete the ITI in any specific trade.

Age should be in between 18 to 30 years.

Candidates who have completed the diploma in engineering by AICTE are also eligible.

Selection Procedure

RRB exam

Interview
13th November 2016, 12:40 PM
Navneet patyal

Thumbs up Re: Can I become a Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway after completing class 12th with Science stream?

Quote:

To become loco pilot in the Indian Railway, you should have the following eligibility.

^ You should have a 12th from recognized board.
^ You should have minimum 50% in your 12th.
^ You should have a ITI certificate in relevant discipline.
^ Your age limit should be 18 to 28 years.

If you have a ITI certificate in the relevant discipline then you can apply for the Loco pilot job in the Indian Railways.

If you have a ITI certificate in the relevant discipline then you are eligible to apply for the Loco pilot exam, which is conducted by the Indian Railways.
13th November 2016, 08:05 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

To become Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway candidate must have passed 10th class and ITI in any stream from a recognized university. As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to become Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway on the basis of 12th class. My suggestion to you is that first you have to complete ITI in any stream then you can become Loco Pilot in the Indian Railway.
13th November 2016, 11:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

If you have completed ITI or Diploma from a recognized board then you are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
14th November 2016, 06:47 PM
princekainth2

After completing your intermediate, you have to pursue with ITI Course (either in Engineering or any relevant ).

Candidate can directly pursue ITI course after class 10.

Age Limit is from 18 years to 30 years.

Loco Pilot exam is conducted and you can only sit in that exam if you have any ITI degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?