18th November 2015, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

How to crack IPS examination without coaching?

Sir,

I am from middle class family. I had completed b.tech with 78%. I am from ECE stream. Sir i want to become an IPS officer but my family is not in a position to provide coaching to crack IPS exam. How to get through IPS without coaching?

18th November 2015, 06:45 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack IPS examination without coaching?

Just follow the following tips to prepare for IPS examination without coaching :
  • First of all make a good time table, allocates your time properly.
  • Get some good recommended books for the preparation.
  • Solve as much previous papers as you can.
  • According to your performance in various sections start preparation.
  • Keep yourself updated with current affairs.

Just visit following page to download previous year question papers : http://www.upsc.gov.in/questionpaper/

Know the syllabus and pattern properly.

List of good books for the preparation of preliminary exams :

India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra

Ancient and Medieval History: NCERT text books of class VIII to X

General Science: NCERT text books of class IX and X

Geography: NCERT text books class XI and XII
Atlas
Certificate Course in Physical Geography by Goh Cheng Leong

Indian Economy: Spectrum's books on Economy
Economic Survey for figures and analysis

Current Affairs: Manorama Year Book
The Hindu newspaper
Magazine like Civil Services Chronicle

Polity: Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap

Books for the preparation of Main Examination :
  • CSAT Manual by Pearson
  • Crack CSAT by Disha Experts
  • CSAT Paper 2 by Unique Publications
18th November 2015, 11:34 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Here is some tips for you by following which you can easily crack the IPS exam without coaching :

** To prepare for any examination, proper learning and time management is very much important.

** This exam has two papers in which one is optional & other one is General Studies

** For Preliminary exam, it is essential to go through the NCERT books of class 6 to 12.

** Candidate should make them self up dated regarding the current affairs by reading the daily news paper, monthly magazines.

** Magazines like Chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries are helpful.

** You can also get help from the previous year papers.

** For IPS examination, a candidate needs to be physically fit. So keep your body fit and fine.
18th November 2015, 11:55 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to become the IPS officer without the coaching classes. To become the IPS officer the candidates have to qualify in all the stages of the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

So, if you will great determination and devotion to fufill the dream you will definitely achieve it. So you need to take the syllabus for the examination from the www.upsc.gov.in.

You need to go through the English Newspaper and keep on look at the event taking place around the world as well as in our country.

So, start the preparation for the examination as it is not essential to join the coaching class to qualify in any examination.
19th November 2015, 12:24 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am from middle class family. I had completed b.tech with 78%. I am from ECE stream. Sir i want to become an IPS officer but my family is not in a position to provide coaching to crack IPS exam. How to get through IPS without coaching?
Nice to see that you are interested to become a IPS officer. It is not easy to crack the IPS entrance exam without coaching class. You must have to put lot of effort and skill to Crack the IPS entrance exam. Here I am providing some tips to become a IPS officer.
  • Go through the complete Syllabus.
  • Prepare your own time Table and study based on that.
  • Refer various books available in the market.
  • Go through previous last five years questions papers.
  • Try mock Test daily, which helps to Evaluate your answering skill.
19th November 2015, 12:39 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Police Service even without the coaching classes. To join the service you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

So, you need to do the hard as well as the smart work with the great determination to qualify in the examination as the examination is among the toughest examination.

So, you need to start the preparation as the coaching classes are only for the guidance all the efforts is required from the candidates only. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
27th April 2016, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Now, I am the student of B.E 1st year.I want to become an IPS officer.I want to know about.can I prepare IPS as well as B.E. if yes then what effort will be required? which syllabus should I prepare?
28th June 2016, 11:58 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

It does not matter whether you are a weak or bright student in School or in the College. Those who always score more than 90% in the School or College, they do not manage to pass the Preliminary Test for this post even after having good coaching but on the other side average students managed to crack down the PT & the Main exam. The reason being dedication.

To become IPS you must pass Preliminary Test, Main Examination & the Interview. You should score more than 90% all together.

Without coaching you can crack the exam if you study for more than 10-12 hours daily. For at least a year you must forget about everything & concentrate on your study. There are those who managed to become IPS without going to coaching.

Buy the Civil Service exam book with having last 10 years of question papers. I have attached UPSC Civil Service Exam notification for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 245 views)
12th March 2018, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

My name is manju i have complete my bca graduation but i'm not good in english Without coaching can i clear the ips. My dream is ips officer but due to some personal problem i'm not ready to take coaching can you give me the some tips to clear the exam successfully
28th April 2018, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I am from a middle class family and my parents do not have that much money to help me to guide by any coaching to crack up UPSE so please guide me how should I study without any coching to fulfill my aimbition and my parents dream.
15th June 2019, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

My name is jeeban .my aim in life is ips .i read in 11th class .give some tips to clear ips exam in future.
5th August 2019, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between the examination of IPS with Meghalaya police service
19th July 2020, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Minimum time for cracking ips exam?
18th August 2020, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

I am art side m.a Urdu can I crack ips
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?