22nd August 2016, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Jobs in railways department after completing mechanical engineering

I have completed mechanical engineering. I am interested in railway department. Which exam should I write? Please tell me some easy tips for that exam. What type of questions will asked in the exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Internship opportunities in Indian Railway for Mechanical Engineering student?
  2. How to apply for Railway exam after studying B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to take up government jobs in Railways? I am in last year of B.E from Mechanical Engineering
  4. How many Technical and Non Technical exams are available in the Indian Railways that a Mechanical Engineering student can apply? -- [New]
  5. Jobs in railways department after completing mechanical engineering
  6. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. What are the Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineers in Indian Railway?
  8. How can I apply for Railway exam being CSE final year student?
  9. Jobs for Mechanical Engineers in Indian Railways?
  10. Eligibility to get teaching jobs for Science subject at school level after completing Engineering in Mechanical Department?
  11. Posts available in Railways for B.Tech Mechanical student?
  12. Opportunities available after studying B.Tech final year ECE? Is it better to do a job or to join M.Tech? Opportunities that I can get from Central or State government?
  13. Job opportunities after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Which job will suit me after B.Tech in CSE? Can I get a job in Banks and Railways?
  15. Where can I find jobs after completing engineering? What are the qualifications needed for mechanical engineering?
  16. What kind of jobs are available for Mechanical engineers in Indian Railways?
  17. Can I apply for jobs after completing Mechanical Engineering with 74% marks?
  18. How can I get job in Indian Railway Traction being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
23rd August 2016, 11:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs in railways department after completing mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed mechanical engineering. I am interested in railway department. Which exam should I write? Please tell me some easy tips for that exam. What type of questions will asked in the exam?
You are eligible for Indian Railway jobs(Assistant Loco Pilot) exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Age criteria:-

Minimum age =20 years
Maximum age =30 years

I have attached some question papers for assistant loco pilot exam, So please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RRB-TECHNICAL-EXAM-PAPER.pdf(81.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: pdf RRB-TECHNICAL-QUESTIONS.pdf(96.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: txt RRB Paper 1.txt(19.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: txt RRB Paper 2.txt(8.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: txt Syllabus for loco pilot.txt(1.5 KB, 52 views)
23rd August 2016, 11:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Jobs in railways department after completing mechanical engineering

Being a mechanical engineer the best job options for you in the Indian Railways will be the option of Senior Engineer or Junior Engineer. For getting these jobs you need to qualify RRB examination.

RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board and RRB entrance examination is held by various RRBs of India following a particular rotation pattern once every year.

--> Apart from your educational qualification, you must have the qualifications given below :-

* For the post of Junior Engineer :- You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* For the post of Senior Engineer :- You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates in this case also as per the government rules.

For further details and updates regarding RRB examination you can refer to its official link i.e; www.rrcb.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?