27th March 2016, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Opportunities in CAPF for an Electrical Engineer?

Hello Everyone,
I will be 25 years of age by the time I finish my studies. I was wondering if there would be any opportunity for me to join the CAPF, either of the three branches are fine with me. I have studied Electrical Engineering.

30th March 2016, 12:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities in CAPF for an Electrical Engineer?

CAPF stands for Central Armed Police Force. It includes forces like SSB, BSF, ITPB, CISF and CRPF. UPSC conducts entrance exam for CAPF every year and it consist of two papers and last stage is interview.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

>>The age limit is 20-25 years. Age is calculated on 1st August of year of exam. Three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

If you are from general category, then you will have only attempt for this exam.
31st March 2016, 12:11 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Opportunities in CAPF for an Electrical Engineer?

CAPF stands for "Central Armed Police Force". Being a electrical engineer you are satisfying the educational qualification for the CAPF. But one thing that you should know is that the age limitation for applying CAPF is 20 to 24 years. It means being 25 years old you are not allowed to apply for the CAPF. However there is some age relaxations for the reserved candidates. So if you are from the reserved caste (SC/OBC) then you will get 5 years age relaxation and then you are eligible for applying CAPF.
Along with above eligibility you must be an Indian citizen. Both male and female candidates can apply for the CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF except ITBP for which only male candidates are allowed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?