12th September 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a candidate to appear for CDS and SSB exams after lasic laser operation?

Myself lalit sharma. I was suffering from myopia and i want to built my career in CDS. If i take help of lasic laser operation for removing my specs then can i be eligible for these exams. Please guide me.

12th September 2015, 09:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a candidate to appear for CDS and SSB exams after lasic laser operation?

LASIK surgery is not allowed for any defense services job. You should have normal eyesight without any surgery and if there is any permissible limit then it should be corrected with specs.

If you undergo LASIK and then appear for medical examination then you will be surely rejected by the doctors as it is not allowed.
12th September 2015, 09:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for a candidate to appear for CDS and SSB exams after lasic laser operation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Myself lalit sharma. I was suffering from myopia and i want to built my career in CDS. If i take help of lasic laser operation for removing my specs then can i be eligible for these exams. Please guide me.
If you have fulfilled below given criteria then you are eligible for CDS exam through SSB.

Eye sight for Indian Army =

Uncorrected without glass – 6/12
Corrected with glass – 6/6
Limits of Myopia – 3.5
Limits of Hypermetropia – +2.5
Binocular vision III
Limits of Colour Perception I

Eye sight for Indian Navy =

Uncorrected without glass: 6/6
Corrected with glass: 6/6
Limits of Myopia: -0.75
Limits of Hypermetropia: +1.5
Limits of Colour Perception: I
Binocular Vision: III

Eye sight for Indian Air force =

Minimum distant vision 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other
Correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia
Colour vision CP-I
Hypermetropia = + 2.0 D Sph
Manifest Myopia = Nil
12th September 2015, 10:32 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidate must fulfill all the physical and mental standards prescribed by the officials.

* The candidate Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including astigmatism.

* If the candidate have undergone LASER surgery then he will considered for Army commission if he fulfill the army criteria which is corrected vision should 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye and axial length with permissible limits.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?