20th June 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to get a government job in Railways after completion of intermediate with 89%?

I had completed my intermediate with 89.2%. My special skills are m.s. Office, d.t.p. ,d.c.a.,i can speak english well. So i want any government job in railway either by entrance exam or any vaccancy? Can someone please provide me the information on the same?

Thank you!

20th June 2015, 04:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a government job in Railways after completion of intermediate with 89%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had completed my intermediate with 89.2%. My special skills are m.s. Office, d.t.p. ,d.c.a.,i can speak english well. So i want any government job in railway either by entrance exam or any vaccancy? Can someone please provide me the information on the same?

Thank you!
You have completed 12th standard so you are eligible for SCRA (Railway exam) which is conducted by UPSC.

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Examination in the month of October or November.

Those candidates who have completed 12th examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification and candidates who have doing final year of 12th examination are eligible for SCRA examination.

Those who have completed Bachelor's degree with Physics and Mathematics may apply for this examination and there is no percentage bar required to apply for SCRA examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 21 years.

To get more information about SCRA exam, you can visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th June 2015, 06:47 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to get a government job in Railways after completion of intermediate with 89%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!
Yeah you can join in Railways after having completed intermediate from a recognized school board. The possible entrance exam which you can apply is RRB exam. This exam is conducted for two posts such as Technical and Non-technical. You can apply for the technical trade as with the qualification of yours. The needed educational qualification is completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with Physics and Mathematics as subject.

Along with the educational qualification you need to satisfy the age limit which is 18-33 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 18-38 years and for OBC it is 18-36 years. You should also have a citizenship in India.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the RRB exam and the candidates are selected through:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Mains Exam
  • Medical Exam
  • Interview

To know more about the exam check at http://www.rrb.gov.in
20th June 2015, 06:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to join Indian Railways for government jobs after completing intermediate with 89% aggregate but for this you will have to go through the SCRA examination.

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the SCRA examinations are conducted twice every by Union Public Service Commission. For appearing in this examination one should have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 17 years to 21 years.

* You must have done your intermediate course with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with at least 60% aggregate in each from a recognized board.

The examination will be held in two stages which are as General Ability and Personality test taken in mentioned order. The general ability will consist of questions related to the academic syllabus of your 12th along with some of the logical aptitude and general knowledge questions.

For more information regarding the question pattern and notification regarding the upcoming examination log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th June 2015, 10:15 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As you have good percentage in Intermediate with this you can apply for various posts under Indian Railways. But you need to give an Exam called " Railway Recruitment Board Exam " to build up your career in Indian Railways.

For this you will have to wait for " Notification of RRB Examination ". Once you cleared the Written Examination then you will have further process based on the type of Post.

Finally there will be Certificate verification for any type of post under Indian Railways Recruitment. And through RRB examination you can become a " Ticket Collector/TTE " in Indian Railways.

List of Exams under RRB is given below :

>> Railways Technical Cadre Exam

>> Non Technical Cadre

>> Sub Inspector /Constables Exam

For the details about the Notification about RRB you can visit the Official Website of " Indian Railways".

Click here for Notification
20th June 2015, 10:35 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after Intermediate you can appear railways exam which are conducted for clerical grade , which intermediate candidates can appear.

The posts in railways are divided into four groups.

Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

The list of Group A services is as follows:

Indian Railway Traffic Service

Indian Railway Accounts Service

Indian Railway Personnel Service

Assistant Security Officer in Railway Protection Force

Indian Railway Service of Engineers

Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers

Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers

Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers

Indian Railway Stores Service

**The posts of Section Officer of Railway Board, Section Engineer, etc. comes under the Group B category.

The group c

Ticket Examiner, Trains Clerk, Junior Clerk cum Typist, Senior Clerk, Ticket Collector Junior Accounts Assistant, Commercial Clerk, Account Clerk cum Typist, Assistant Loco Pilot, Junior Stenographer, Technician, Senior Permanent Way Supervisor, Signal Interlocking Maintainer, Staff Nurse, Radiographer.

The group D:

Health and Malaria Inspector, Depot Material Superintendent, Telecommunication Maintainer, Enquiry-cum- Reservation Clerk, Assistant Station Master, Goods Guard, Traffic Apprentice, Commercial Apprentice, Senior Permanent Way Supervisor, Junior Engineer, Section Engineer, etc.

This post have its own eligibility criteria in my opinion you should complete your graduation degree course after which you can appear many exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?