23rd October 2014, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for IAS after Chartered Accountant course?

Hello
I am a CA Student and i wanna do
IAS after completing my CA.
I wanna know from u
The complete procedure to do IAS after CA.
I don't know anthing about IAS .
Please be my mentor and tell me the correct way or path which will best suitable for me .

27th October 2014, 11:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS after Chartered Accountant course?

CA is equivalent to a Graduation degree and you are definitely eligible for IAS examination. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year and only Graduates from a recognized university are eligible to apply for it.

For becoming an IAS officer you have to crack exam conducted by UPSC, which is known as Civil Services Exam. The age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

1. SC/ST : 5 years relaxation
2. OBC : 3 years relaxation
3. PWD : 10 years relaxation

The exam will have following stages and you have to score top marks in it to become an IAS officer.

1. CSAT
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

Number of attempts are limited for General and OBC with 4 and 7 attempts respectively. For SC/ST candidates there is no such limit.

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
29th March 2020, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS after Chartered Accountant course?

Hi, I am a eighth grade student planning my future. I want to be a chartered accountant and then an ias officer, actually I have no idea how to write the upsc exam . One thing I want to know is that can I write upsc after I become a chartered accountant through cpt exam. Pls help me find a solution to my strategy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?