18th July 2017, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an Air Force officer after 12th?

Sir, I have passed 12th class with 89.20% from biology in 2015. Am I eligible for NDA Air Force. I want to become an Air Force officer. Now I am B.Sc. 2nd year. In B.sc 1st year I got 89.11% marks, tell me that how I can become an Air Force officer. As soon as possible. Thank you.

19th July 2017, 11:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an Air Force officer after 12th?

No, you are not eligible to become an Air Force officer after completion of your 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board. Only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Since, you have passed 12th standard with PCB stream from a recognised board, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force.
19th July 2017, 11:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As you are pursuing B.Sc in 2nd year, your age might be more than 19 years. In order to be eligible for appearing in National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination, you are required to meet the educational qualification criteria as well as age criteria.

>> The minimum age required is 16.5 years

>> Maximum age must not exceed 19 years

>> There is no such age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

>> Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Examination.

If you have successfully meet the required age criteria, i.e., when your age is below 19 years then I am very sure that you can apply for NDA recruitment examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
20th July 2017, 01:12 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be eligible for becoming a commissioned officer in Indian Air force and Indian Navy your academics must include Mathematics and Physics as main subjects.

Now as you have stated that you have passed your Class 12th with Biology group hence you are not eligible for becoming an officer in Indian Air force of Indian Navy.

Further if you are interested to join defense services then you have the option of becoming defense commissioned officer in Indian Army by qualifying NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination or CDS entrance examination as per your qualifications.

For details and updates regarding NDA and CDS entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
20th July 2017, 05:28 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Anyone willing to become an Air Force officer should appear for CDS or AFCAT.

UPSC conducts CDS (Combined Defense Services) Exam twice a year for recruitment of officers in different wings of Indian Army.

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:

IMA/OTA - Bachelors degree in any stream.

Indian Naval Academy -B.E./B.Tech.

Indian Air Force Academy - 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or B.E./ B.Tech.

-Age limit:

IMA - 19 years to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy -19 years to 22 years

Indian Air Force Academy -19 years to 23 years

OTA - 19 years to 25 years

-Selection Criteria :

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

One can apply for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Technical Branch:

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Bachelor of Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
20th July 2017, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For an Air Force officer level job after class 12th, you need to crack NDA exam. Just make sure you have passed class 12th with physics and maths subjects.

If you have not studied maths, then you will be eligible only for Indian Army through NDA. For Air Force and Navy, you need math at 12th level.
28th July 2017, 08:30 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have passed 12th class with 89.20% from biology in 2015. Am I eligible for NDA Air Force. I want to become an Air Force officer. Now I am B.Sc. 2nd year. In B.sc 1st year I got 89.11% marks, tell me that how I can become an Air Force officer. As soon as possible. Thank you.
Sorry, to inform you that after 12th you are not allowed to apply for the Indian Air force because the procedure to apply for Air force after 12th is through NDA exam and candidate who studied biology instead of math's are not allowed to apply for the air force through NDA exam.

If you want to join Indian Air force after completing your B.SC then you can apply for the Air force through CDS exam which is carried out twice in a year by UPSC.So according to my opinion first complete your graduation degree then then apply for the Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?