26th June 2018, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for a candidate with 80% in BA(English)?

Dear Sir/Madam, I have completed my BA with English Honours course with 80% marks. I want to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment. Can I know about the requirements for applying in this recruitment? Please tell me immediately.

28th June 2018, 11:01 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Requirements to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for a candidate with 80% in BA(English)?

Eligibility to apply for UPSC IAS Recruitment 2018 :

Educational Qualification : Candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised board or any other equivalent qualification from a recognised board/university.

Those students who are pursuing final year of their graduation may also apply for this recruitment.

Age Criteria : Minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and not more than 32 years for general category candidates, 35 years for OBC category candidates and 37 years for SC/ST category candidates and 42 years for PWD category candidates.

You have completed BA with English Honours with 80% marks then I would like to say that you are 100% eligible to apply for this examination and details about this exam will be available through official notice given at the official website of UPSC board so keep visiting at the official website for more details.

Selection of the candidate is made on the basis of scores secured in mains exam and interview process but before main exam the board conduct preliminary examination in which every single candidate has to qualify then only they can appear for main examination and mains exam is conducted in descriptive mode.

If candidate qualify mains exam then he/she will be called for interview process which is the most important stage to clear and if you clear and get among the rank minimum required then you will become an IAS officer in India.

First of all I would say that if you are pretty serious about preparation for this exam then you must find a very good coaching centre for this examination and start giving more than 10 hours a day for study and practice and if you work more on the subjects asked in exam then you can have good marks and crack this exam and preparation will need some time which is minimum 8-10 months to get in flow with other aspirants then only you should appear for exam and not waste your attempt because there is restriction of attempts in this exam so be sincere and go step by step carefully.
28th June 2018, 11:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to apply in UPSC-IAS recruitment for a candidate with 80% in BA(English)?

First thing I would like to let you know that IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and for becoming an IAS officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examinations held by UPSC once every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examinations are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are eligible to appear in the same examination.

So, having completed your bachelor degree course i.e; BA in English with 80% marks, you are eligible to apply for the civil services examination as far as the educational requirement for appearing in the same examination is concerned but you must satisfy other eligibility condiditions too for your confirmed eligibility.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 09:50 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Requirements to apply for UPSC IAS recruitment is mentioned below :-

--> Educational Qualification :- You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

--> Age Limit :- 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
29th June 2018, 07:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for recruitment as an IAS ( Indian Administrative Services ) officer, you are required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

* Further, the basic qualifications required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree course in any discipline or should be pursuing the final year of same degree course from a recognized university.

So, having completed your bachelor degree course i.e; BA (Hons.) in English you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination if you satisfy requirements other than educational qualification too.

For more details regarding in the Civil Services examination, you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
29th June 2018, 08:34 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment, you should have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be within 21 to 32 years. For OBC and SC/ST candidates the age will be 35 and 37 years. You must be an Indian citizen and must be physically fit. You must have a good height and good eyesight. For more details you can check out the website at (http://www.upsc.gov.in)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?