8th July 2018, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Relaxation available in UPSC IAS recruitment for an OBC candidate?

Hello friends, I belongs to an OBC category. I wish to apply for UPSC IAS recruitment. I am an MCom postgraduate. So, please let me know about the relaxation available for me in this recruitment. Waiting for your reply.

12th July 2018, 08:42 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Relaxation available in UPSC IAS recruitment for an OBC candidate?

In UPSC IAS recruitment, the OBC candidates are eligible for upper age relaxation of three years. To be eligible to apply for UPSC IAS recruitment, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and you should be in the age range of 21 to 32 years.
12th July 2018, 07:29 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

There is relaxation in recruitment as per government norms.

There is total 782 vacancies for 2018. So, for OBC candidates there is 27% relaxation as per norms.

There is relaxation in age limit to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th July 2018, 11:35 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Age relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate in UPSC IAS recruitment is 3 years.
13th July 2018, 12:47 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC and you have to qualify in the examination for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

There is relaxation in age limit and cut off marks in different stages of examination for OBC category.

For more information about selection procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th July 2018, 11:47 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS officer you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* As far as you are concerned about relaxations available for you while appearing for the Civil Services examination being a candidate belonging to OBC category then these are mentioned below :-

i) You get relaxation of 3 years in maximum age limit for appearing in the same examination and therefore the age limit for OBC category for appearing in the same examination is 21 years to 35 years.

ii) You get 3 extra attempts for qualifying the same examination which means you have overall 9 attempts to qualify the same examination as compared to 6 attempts for general category candidates.

iii) You also get benefited by the reservation policy which offers 27% seats to OBC category candidates and therefore the cutoffs for OBC category candidates is lower than the cutoffs for general category candidates.

For more details regarding various relaxations available in the same examination for different category candidates, you can refer to the notification released for the same examination by referring to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2018, 07:42 PM
Anushka Kashyap
Member+

Age limit for UPSC IAS exam is - 21-32 years.

Age relaxation for OBC is 3 years and SC/ST is 5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?