26th April 2018, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

How many candidates appear in UPSC IAS exams every year? Age limit and maximum attempts allowed for UPSC IAS exam?

Hello everyone, as UPSC has great impact over the candidates for entering into IAS department. So, I want to know that every year how many candidates gives this recruitment exams? And I also want to know about the age limit for appearing and how many maximum times one candidate can appear in UPSC IAS exams.

2nd June 2018, 08:08 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many candidates appear in UPSC IAS exams every year? Age limit and maximum attempts allowed for UPSC IAS exam?

There are an average of 900,000*to*1,000,000 candidates apply every year for UPSC IAS exams and approximately 500,000 candidates appearing to sit the preliminary examination.
>Age Criteria for IAS Exam:-

For General category candidates:-
Age limit is 32 years and the number of attempts is 06.

For OBC category candidates:-
Age limit is 32 years + relaxation of 03 years = 35 years and the number of attempts is 09

For SC/ST category candidates:-
Age limit is 32 years + relaxation of 05 years = 37 years and they can apply till the Upper Age limit.

For Physically disabled candidates (Blind, Deaf-Mute, Orthopedic):-
Age limit is 32 years plus relaxation of 10 years = 42 years and the number of attempts for the General and OBC Candidates is 09 and for SC/ST candidate's have unlimited till age limit.

For Jammu & Kashmir Domicile:-
General = 37 years, OBC = 40 Years, SC/ST = 42 Years, PH = 50 years
Age limit:- Up to the Upper Age limit

For Disabled servicemen disabled from duty:-
General= 37 years OBC = 38 Years SC/ST = 40 Years
Age limit:- Up to the Upper Age limit

Last edited by ppsahu; 6th August 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Remove *
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?