30th October 2017, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Which stream will be good for my daughter for UPSC exam in future?

My daughter is in 5th standard now we are planning to change her board from SSC to CBSE. Is that ok for her. She is ok in study. For future she want to UPSC competition, that's why we have panned to changed. Please tell me.

30th October 2017, 09:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream will be good for my daughter for UPSC exam in future?

1. Central Board of Secondary Education is far better than any board of India. It is correct decision to change board of your daughter from state to central.

2. Motivate her to read newspaper from early age so that she can develop habit of reading newspaper which will strengthen current affairs. Social science subjects should be given priority from standard sixth onwards.
30th October 2017, 10:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

For UPSC preparation only graduation degree is needed no any special subject or degree is required. You only need a graduation degree.
I am going to mention eligibility criteria for this to help you at great extent.

The eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% in graduation.
30th October 2017, 11:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC conducts various entrance examination every year like Civil Services examination, Central Armed Police Force examination, Indian Engineering Services examination, Combined Defence Services examination etc.

Frankly speaking, Central Board of Secondary Education will be a good board as compared to State Board for secondary and senior secondary studies for your daughter. Yes, its a good academic decision for your daughter.
31st October 2017, 12:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are planning to change your ward's Board of Education to CBSE Board, it is a very good decision of yours as CBSE Board is one of the better Board of Education.
For UPSC examination, aspirants should complete their Graduation in any of the discipline, there is no fixed stream required for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the UPSC examination. Candidates age must be in between 21 to 30 years.
31st October 2017, 05:04 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Since most of the government entrance exam follow CBSE syllabus, so in that way I think CBSE has an edge over State Board. She can choose any stream according to her interested as there is no demand of a particular stream for UPSC eligibility. So, candidates who have completed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university, are eligible to apply for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exam.
7th November 2017, 10:57 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

It is a right and good decision to change the board of your daughter. CBSE is the best board. The syllabus is upto the standard of competitive exams.

For UPSC exam your daughter can opt any stream. You have to motivate her to read newspaper daily. She has to well aware of current affairs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?