7th September 2017, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should my daughter choose after 10th with 90% and above?

My daughter is in 10th. The result will be declared within 1 or 2 days still. We can't decide, which line she have to take her maths, it science is good. We expect 90% she also like business management. She wanted to join good company. So, which stream she should choose? Please guide.

7th September 2017, 05:55 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which stream should my daughter choose after 10th with 90% and above?

A candidate having 90% above marks in 10th standard, can choose any of the three stream available (Arts, Commerce and Science).Studying or choosing any one of the three available stream for higher studies after 10th standard depends upon the interest and future goal of the candidate.
As you have mentioned above that your ward is interested in business management, so I think Commerce stream would be a good option for her.
7th September 2017, 06:10 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should my daughter choose after 10th with 90% and above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is in 10th. The result will be declared within 1 or 2 days still. We can't decide, which line she have to take her maths, it science is good. We expect 90% she also like business management. She wanted to join good company. So, which stream she should choose? Please guide.

There are various streams available in 10+2 to study like arts, science, commerce etc. Students can choose the stream based on their interest and ability. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) is one of the preferred group for those students who wish to study engineering in the future. Students who want to study medicine can pursue Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) subjects in 10+2. Students interested to study CA, CS, BCom etc. can pursue commerce stream (commerce, accountancy, economics). There is arts stream also with subjects like History, Geography, English, Hindi, Political Science, Psychology etc. As your daughter scored over 90% marks in 10th, she can study PCM or PCMB group in 10+2.
7th September 2017, 06:58 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, you all are expecting around 90% of marks in class 10th, according to my opinion, your ward should opt for Science stream in class 11th and 12th. Science has lots of opportunities in the future where she can enhance her qualities in different fields to grow herself for a better future.

For those who have an interest in Biology and are looking forward to a career in Medical line can opt for course like:
MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery).
BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery.

For those who have an inclination towards Maths, Physics and Chemistry can get into Engineering line. These are as follows:

Mechanical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
Marine Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Bio-Medical, Information Technology
Marine Engineering etc.

Aspirants can also opt Forensic Science:

B.Sc in Forensic Sciences.
B.Sc in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science.
Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes).

She can also go for Commerce and can apply for BBA and then can go for MBA as well to be in a better position in the upcoming future.
7th September 2017, 10:20 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Just liking business management will not help you, you have to see whether your daughter is good in that subject. As your daughter is good in science and mathematics, so let her move forward in that stream. Or, if she is interested in some other field then help her to carry on with that field. Let her choose the stream according to her interest. Science, mathematics and business management all have great career prospects, so she can choose anyone according to her interest.
7th September 2017, 11:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th standard with 90% aggregate marks from a recognised school, you can pursue your higher studies in Diploma or Higher Secondary course. You can opt for Science, Arts or Commerce stream of your interest for pursuing your Higher Secondary course. If you are interested to become an Engineer or Doctor, you can opt for Science stream for pursuing your higher secondary course.
8th September 2017, 12:29 AM
Ashfaqueexpert

That depends upon which stream she wishes to pursue her higher studies in. Your child can surely join good company even if she has studied from Arts stream, so stream is not an issue.

So, let her decide as to which stream she wishes to pursue her career in and help her in deciding it. If she is good at science and math, ask her to take science and if not good at science, she can go for commerce if her math is good, she can attain a good career ahead.

Just let her decide her field of interest.
8th September 2017, 01:46 AM
Thexpert
Banned

As your daughter expect 90% marks in 10th standard than she can get admission in any stream in 11th standard. If she likes business management than my suggestion is to go for commerce in 11th class, after 12th standard she can join in BBA course and than M.B.A. There is many options for your daughter after 12th in commerce line.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?