16th November 2016, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS in the future?

Respected Sir, I am in class 10th and I Want To Be An Ias Officer. I Want To know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS in the future? Please answer as soon as possible.

17th November 2016, 10:55 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS in the future?

You can choose any of the stream which you like

Because the minimum qualification that one need to have to appear for IAS is graduation from any degree.

So, try to get good score in both 10+2 and graduation.

For IAS, one need to go to through Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

Selection Process :-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test

Civil Services main exam

Interview.
18th November 2016, 09:54 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS in the future?

You can opt for any stream in class 11th to pursue for IAS. UPSC conducts the Civil Service Exam every year for the different posts & one of them is IAS. Candidates from different streams apply for the same. Civil Service Exam is one of the most toughest exams in India. You must graduation from a valid university to apply for the same. Right now concentrate on your study as you have time to complete your graduation.
18th November 2016, 02:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in your 11th and 12th and even in bachelor degree. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th November 2016, 03:15 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services, so to become an IAS officer there is no specific stream required. You just have to complete your 12th standard in any stream and then graduation in any stream from a recognized college/university. After getting a bachelor's degree you have to appear for Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

To appear for this examination you must be :

> An Indian citizen.

> Age must be within 21 to 30 years. For SC/ST candidates the age limit is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC it is 3 years.

> Graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> You must be physically and mentally balanced.

After qualifying the examination you will be called for physical test followed by personal interview for the final selection.
18th November 2016, 05:02 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am in class 10th and I Want To Be An Ias Officer. I Want To know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS in the future? Please answer as soon as possible.
You can take arts stream in class 11th to become an IAS in the future. In the UPSC examination you have to face the subjects like Geography, History, Political Science, Economics etc, so if you choose the above subjects in 11th and graduation it will be helpful. The eligibility for the UPSC Civil Services Examination is a graduation in any stream. So after completion of graduation you can apply for the civil service examination. It has Preliminary examination, Main examination and Interview. First you have to clear the preliminary examination. The examinations are held once in every year.
18th November 2016, 06:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become an IAS officer then, you need to pursue Higher Secondary course and Graduation after completion of your 10th standard. There is no need to opt any particular stream in 11th standard to become an IAS officer. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. So, I suggest you to choose any stream of your interest for your pursuing your higher studies even if you are interested to become an IAS officer.
18th November 2016, 06:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS in future you have to persue your 11th and 12th in any stream in which you are interested from a recognized board with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories.
Once you complete your intermeadiate then you have to pursue your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and then you have to appear in the Civil Services Exam to become IAS officer.
18th November 2016, 06:55 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, there is no fixed stream required in order to become an IAS Officer in the future.
You can opt any stream in class 11th and after that complete your Graduation in any discipline to be eligible for IAS Officer.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible to appear in the IAS entrance examination.
18th November 2016, 10:05 PM
pruthvi12dba

To become an IAS you can choose any stream in 11th class there is no specific stream is there.

* To become an IAS officer you need to work hard in your studies all time.
* Concentrate on more in all subjects in your career.
* After that do graduation with better marks.
* Current Affairs,News Papers,General English and General Studies.
* Union Public Service Commission is the authorized body to release the application form and to conduct the IAS written examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?