20th June 2017, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Which subject is better for me for IPS and NDA exam?

I am reading in science, I want to qualify in IPS & NDA , Air Force exam. Can I do the graduation which subject is better to me. Please give me link to the question paper & book name.

20th June 2017, 06:52 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better for me for IPS and NDA exam?

NDA and Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC.

NDA - The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

Civil Service examination eligibility - Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised board. The age limit is between 21 - 32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can pursue bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for examination.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th June 2017, 07:10 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

NDA/NA and Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Services Commission.

Science stream candidates of 10+2 can also apply for NDA exam for Air Force. Graduates from any discipline are eligible for Civil Services examination. You can get question paper at http://www.upsc.gov.in.

For NDA exam, Arihant publication books of Mathematics, Science and General Awareness is good.
21st June 2017, 09:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year and eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. The age limit to appear for examination is between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

For recruitment in Air Force it is necessary to have 12th with PCM as main paper.

Selected books for preparation of NDA written examination :-

Arihant NDA/NA Objective.

Lucent General Knowledge.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years. So, you can pursue any stream in 12th or bachelor degree.

Some recommended books for Civil Service examination :-

NCERT books ( VI-XII).

Indian Polity - Laxmikant.

Indian Economy - Ramesh Sinha.

Indian History - Bipin Chandra Pal.

The Hindu Newspaper.
22nd June 2017, 03:21 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

There is nothing such as which subject to choose, you can get admission in any such course or can get admission in any stream. There is no such fixed subject criteria for it.

You should prepare well for your entrance examination for the above mentioned examination either by yourself or by getting admission in any good coaching institute to prepare well for your exam.
22nd June 2017, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am science student and I want joint Navy but I don't take maths subject because of c1 percentage can I eligible for navy.
22nd June 2017, 10:47 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in NDA examination for recruitment in Air Force is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from recognised board.

Only male candidate's are eligible.

Age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages Written ( Paper I of Mathematics and Paper II of General Ability ) and SSB.

To appear for Civil Service examination ( I.A.S recruitment) conducted by UPSC the eligibility is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

No limitation on discipline in bachelor degree.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

Some recommended books for preparation of examination is :-

NCERT books, The Hindu Newspaper and books or study material of a better institutes.

Along with studies there is also need to have regular revision and test to qualify in examination
24th June 2017, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am reading in science, I want to qualify in IPS & NDA , Air Force exam. Can I do the graduation which subject is better to me. Please give me link to the question paper & book name.
After completion of 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

After completion of graduation degree, you are eligible for IPS exam through Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

Best books for NDA exam:

1. NDA Entrance Exam
Author: Expert Compilation
ISBN: 8183481655

2. Mathematics For NDA/NA
Author: S L Gulati
ISBN: 0070152608

3. Nda Exam Practice Work Book
Author: Dr. H. P. Sharma, Dr. M. B. Lal
ISBN: 817482300X

Best books for CSAT exam:-

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
by Sachchida Nand Jha Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
by Jha, Jha Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)

General Science for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
by Tara Chand, Shabnam Johry, Tanushri Saxena, Renu Kathpalia Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?