13th March 2012, 02:36 AM
Unregistered

Am I allowed to enter in IPS after qualifying the NDA entrance exam? I want to be an IPS officer

Hello!I have qualified NDA(army wing class 12 commerce).Am I allowed to try for IPS.I want to be an IPS officer.

13th March 2012, 07:34 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I allowed to enter in IPS after qualifying the NDA entrance exam? I want to be an IPS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello!I have qualified NDA(army wing class 12 commerce).Am I allowed to try for IPS.I want to be an IPS officer.

This is really good , that you have Qualify in NDA exam.But i am sorry to say that their is no different vacancy for IPS exam.

Now you have completed 12th standard but the minimum Qualification for IPS recruitment exam is Graduate.

So this is better for you to Join in NDA .Because this is the best Opportunity for you.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

So from above criteria you have not matched to the Academic Qualification and Age Criteria.
13th March 2012, 07:43 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I allowed to enter in IPS after qualifying the NDA entrance exam? I want to be an IPS officer

hai friend
NDA is a emtrance exam fro army , air force , navy jobs

eligibility :
12th stands
unmarried
male
Indian
age between 161/2 to 19 years
selection process :
written test
interview
medical test

C:\Users\Ravikanth\Desktop\NDA-Physical-Requirements.jpg

IPS : is a Indian Police Service

eligibility :

any degree with 60% marks from a recognized university
age limit : 21 to 30 years
selection process:
written test :
general test
reasoning
awareness
ability

Interview process
13th March 2012, 08:11 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To become a IPS officer you need to pass UPSC Civil services Examination which is also called Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)

REQUIREMENTS:

You should have Bachelors degree from a reputed University.

You must be Indian citizen to appear in IPS exam

The age should be between 21 to 30 for General candidates.

For OBC candidates upper limit is relaxed to 33 years.

SC/ST students are eligible to appear in exam till 35 years.

Physical Requirements

The height of male appearing for exam should be 165 cms

Height requirement for Woman candidate is 150 cms

The chest of Males should be 84 cms and expanshion is 5 cms

While chest requirement for Woman candidates is 79 cms and expanshion is 5 cms

Your eyesight should be 6/6. This rule is same for Male and Female

EXAM

There are two types of exam:

Preliminary Examination - Which is of objective type

Main Examination - This include written test and personal interview

If passed the main examination, the next step would be to meet physical and medical requirements.

General candidates gets 4 attempts to pass this examination.

For OBC this limit is 7

SC/ST gets unlimited number of chances to pass the exam.

Use the following link to apply online - http://www.upsconline.nic.in
13th March 2012, 08:48 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

If you have qualified the NDA entrance as you are interested, you should join Indian Army as per your selection. There is no restriction for a candidate to apply for other career if selected for NDA.

First you have to choose your line of career. If at all you want to be an IPS officer then without joining NDA you may continue your study and after completion of Graduation you can apply for IPS.

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age.

There are certain Physical standards to overcome by the aspirant those applying for IPS.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2012, 09:41 AM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

You can appear in IPS entrance examintaion only after completing your 3 year degree course in any discipline.

till the time you graduate in any discipline you can work plus learn the work environment in NDA.

CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION

IAS/IPS/IFC etc

Minimum Qualification

Candidate should be Graduate from recognized university.

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs

Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Candidate should be physically fit

Fee

50/-

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

IPS REQUIREMENT

• Physical qualification for IPS
• Height
o For Men : 165 cm
o For Women :150 cm
o OBC /SC/ST : Male - 160 cm and Female :145 cm

• Eye Sight
Eyes should also be fit.(with or without glasses)

For more info,
www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2012, 10:52 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear......
There are some eligibility criteria to apply for that exam which are as follows.....

As you have cleared NDA exam , if you are interested then you can join otherwise you can continue you study after graduation you can apply for IPS exam....

I am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information........

For more details visit website of upsc.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
13th March 2012, 01:26 PM
jitu 1784

yes u can, but for that u should have a graduate degree . with a graduate degree u can sit in civil service exam.by cracking it with a good rank, u will have a prerogative to choose ips. I hope it would help u. For any further query, u can contact me on my id [email protected]
14th March 2012, 05:39 AM
tanu47

Dear yes,
First of all u should have a graduate degree, then u can give it’s exam.

NDA is a entrance exam fro army , air force , navy jobs

CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY :
12th stands,unmarried,male,Indian
Age between 161/2 to 19 years

SELECTION PROCESS :
written test ,interview ,medical test

IPS : (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE )

CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY :

Degree with 60% marks from a recognized university
Age limit : 21 to 30 years

SELECTION PROCESS:
written test ,general test, reasoning, awareness, ability
Good luck.
21st March 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone,I have finished my course at NDA and now I have to survive the training in IMA in order to become and Indian Army officer,but I am more interested in becoming an IPS officer.I have fiished NDA and have a graguate degree,am I allowed to compete in the CSE for IPS,and what should I answer if the interviewing board asks me"why did you not try IMA and become an army officer(why did you choose IPS over Indian Army)??plz answer.
7th May 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

What are our higher study after qualifying NDA exams
22nd September 2012, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i got tattoo,i am eligibile or not
11th October 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

dude...if u join the nda....u will not be eligible since after nda u will have to undergo pre commissioning training either at IMA/AFA/NAVAL ACADEMY.....and then u will become officer of the armed forces....u simply cannot quit after passing out from the NDA....in case u do the cost of the training will be taken from you(approx @1000 per day)...also once you commission u are required to sign a bond of 20 years of service...else pay the money spent on you.......i know its a hard decision but listen to ur heart....since IPS is not like getting into NDA...the selection is based on UPSC civil service exam which is one of the most competitive exam of the world where the best brains of the country compete and cream de la cream gets through,further u rank in merit also merits a lot as only top 300 ranks can get the IPS(in gen. category).....but if ur aim is to get into IPS i will suggest u to not join NDA as once u join u will have ur heart on IPS and will not be able to complete the training......if u want to join NDA then don't think of any other profession till the time u hang ur uniform....
12th October 2012, 12:14 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

congratulations for your acquirement...It's totally up to you that what you really want to choose in your career.Its good that you have cleared IPS examination and if you want to appear for NDA exams now then you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria of NDA exam.

NDA examination is conducted for recruitment of Army wings,Navy wings and Air force courses and this examination is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission.This examination will be conducted by UPSC on 15th April 2012.

To apply for Air force and Navy wings :- The student must have studied Physics a& Mathematics in their examination.

To apply for Army wings :- Physics & Mathematics in 12th examination is not must.

Syllabus of examination :- Mathematics and General ability

The subjects for the NDA Entrance Exam 2012 will be as follows:

Subject Code Duration Maximum Marks
Mathematics 01 2 Hours 300
General Ability Test 02 2 Hours 600

There is Negative Marking. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given, one third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.

Thanks.....
2nd January 2013, 07:51 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

For becoming an IpS officer,have to give the civil servi ce examination conducted by upsc.
Being from nda won't help you or give u an extra edge in becoming IpS.
2nd January 2013, 11:12 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

After qualifying for NDA entrance exam, you will not be eligible for IPS because the minimum academic qualification for IPS is Graduation.

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer one has to crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good Physical Fitness.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

-Civil Service Main Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2013, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

whether the who is appearing for ips exam should be a sports person
30th December 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: Am I allowed to enter in IPS after qualifying the NDA entrance exam? I want to be an IPS officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu 1784 View Post
yes u can, but for that u should have a graduate degree . with a graduate degree u can sit in civil service exam.by cracking it with a good rank, u will have a prerogative to choose ips. I hope it would help u. For any further query, u can contact me on my id [email protected]

nda gives u a bachelors degree that means uh r graduate in that discipline
so we can give the civil service exams na?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?