24th October 2016, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there separate list of castes for OBC category at state and national level?

Sir, I am from Karnataka. My category is Kunichitiga. In Karnataka it (kunchitiga) comes under OBC category.Is category varies or changes from state to national level or national to state?
If no, then, for national jobs can I mentioned as OBC for reservation. If yes, this means then I come under general category in national jobs or what? Please reply friends. I am in full confusion. Please reply to my mail ID..: [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum marks required to get admission in B.Arch in NIT Raipur?
  2. Does Negi Caste of Pauri Garhwal come under OBC list in state level and central level?
  3. Do I fall under Creamy or Non Creamy layer if my father is a governemnt employee with annual income of 7 Lacs? -- [New]
  4. Can I apply as OBC category in Maharashtra, if my caste is in OBC list in Karnataka state?
  5. Why there is a separate caste list at state and central for reservation?
  6. Where I can get admission after getting 5245 rank in GATE exam? Is there any separate counselling for colleges in AP? I belong to OBC category
  7. Separate merit list of OBC in CSIR NET?
  8. Is SC/ST scholarships available in same manner as quota is given to them?
  9. OBC reservation certificate from the state of Karnataka But caste is not listed under OBC category in the state of Maharashtra -- [Most Discussed]
  10. List of colleges in Himachal or Haryana which intakes through AIEEE score card? I've secured AIR 80079, state rank 11638 and state category (OBC) rank 3076
  11. List of government colleges I can apply for with my WB-JEE rank 17663? How can I avail sports quota for the same? I belong to OBC category
  12. Can we do B.Arch directly without writing any exam?
  13. Which entrance exam can I give after passing 12th PCM
  14. Best options to study after graduation for lectureship? Best supplement exams for better career?
  15. National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSCFDC) provides scholarship for degree course to SC student?
  16. List of colleges I can apply for with AIEEE mark 31? I got state rank 23002 and OBC category state rank 5496
  17. By scoring 420 marks in NEET 2016 can I get enrolled for counselling?
  18. How to become a dentist after passing 12th?
25th October 2016, 08:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there separate list of castes for OBC category at state and national level?

You can get benefit of reservation only when your caste is listed in the list released by central and state government. Both list are different and there are many state castes which don't feature in central government lists.

Hence, there is no guarantee, whether you will get benefit of reservation at both central and state level or not. Just check the list and apply according to it.
26th October 2016, 04:15 PM
princekainth2

Default Re: Is there separate list of castes for OBC category at state and national level?

The Reservation list varies a lot in some cases and they could be from state to state.

The category Kunichtitiga does not fall under OBC at a central level.

This is according to their OBC list provided by Central Government
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?