1st August 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Why there is a separate caste list at state and central for reservation?

I am belong to Karnataka and I am Veerashaiva Lingayat. In my case our cast name comes under state OBC list but in central comes under general list. Please tell me anybody how do they consider and why they do like this?
I suffer a lot from this I applied SSC central job through OBC but I am rejected but I got more than general cut off marks please give me reason how they do different in state and central?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any reservation for state BC candidate in Central Government jobs?
  2. Can a BC candidate appear for National Level Entrance Exam?
  3. Is my Tamilnadu SC certificate valid in Maharashtra?
  4. OBC reservation certificate from the state of Karnataka But caste is not listed under OBC category in the state of Maharashtra -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I apply for IBPS exam under OBC quota being BC-E candidate?
  6. Will I get OBC reservation benefits for exams held by Maharashtra State?
  7. Is orissa scheduled caste included in central OBC list?
  8. Is my son eligible to get reservation under OBC quota being from Billava caste?
  9. What should I fill in cast category place of Post Matric scholarship being a Jain candidate? Can I get more amount being a minority candidate?
  10. Reservation for different categories like state and caste in anna university tech?
  11. Is Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development running any scheme to support Halal Khor cast financially for studies? -- [New]
  12. Is Badgujar caste from Maharashtra included in Central List of OBC's? How to get the caste certificate of OBC in central government?
  13. Do I need to renew my OBC certificate if my certificate is very old?
  14. Does Negi Caste of Pauri Garhwal come under OBC list in state level and central level?
  15. Can I get reservation advantage in UGC-NET of K-SET being an OBC candidate?
  16. Can I avail reservation of Maharashtra State if I am born here?
  17. How to prove that I belong to an OBC caste?
  18. Whether the new OBC certificate issued by Central Government will be accepted at the time of registration?
1st August 2016, 08:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why there is a separate caste list at state and central for reservation?

It has to do with the government and their policies. As we all know in India people are protesting to get their caste in reserved category to get the benefits of reservation in government jobs and admission.

It is more of a political matter and nobody knows which get caste will be removed or added in that list in future. The most common reason is the economic status if that caste on that particular state. Also, other factors influence inclusion in list like demographic of that particular caste on national level and state level.
19th April 2018, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Why there is a separate caste list at state and central for reservation?

My case is Lingayat Wani which was included in obc list of Maharashtra in 2014 but it is not in central list of obc what is to be done to get in central list of obc .l am obc in Maharashtra and open cat in Centre how is it possible.this is injustice for me please suggest the right way
19th December 2019, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I am kvg belongs to veerashaiva lingayat can I come under central obc category and rely about nlc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?