30th January 2016, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer?

I want to join government service but i am in dilemmna that which post should i go for being a 12th passed. I want to know the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer. Please reply.

30th January 2016, 05:09 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer?

There is a slight difference between Steno-typist and Stenographer. Stenographer use shorthand techniques to document the verbal communications occurred in an official meeting or any official gathering or official ceremony. They have to prepare the documents according to the notes taken during the time in the form of shorthand writing. On the other hand, steno-typist will copy those notes to draft of official letters and memos inorder to set it in a formal manner using typewriter or word processor. However, nowadays, both the job are mingled and a stenographer has to handle both the responsibilities. Unlike normal typist, stenographer/steno-typist have an additional qualification of knowledge in shorthand writing. Thus, they are preferred more than normal typists.
9th June 2017, 02:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer?

Vijay Gupta
Tell me now ans, this qus
What is the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer?

I want to join government service but i am in dilemma that which post should i go for being a 12th passed. I want to know the difference between Stenotypist and Stenographer. Please reply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?